Author Topic: Buildable Vehicle (by Truce) (Updated 27 Dec 2012)  (Read 56865 times)

There's a reason why Truce only made one. So people could edit and make there own.
I'll see if I can release the pack my friend made with flying buildable vehicle, gravity and other ones.
Full credit to him and Truce of course.
do it do it do it do it do it do it

Want to make this better?
Step by step, with marble man!

Step 1:
Learn to code

Step 2:
Look at code

Step 3:
Realize how labor intensive truce's method is

Step 4:
Cry for a few hours

Back from 10 day adventure in Key West, after sleeping and scuba-diving on a sailboat for 6 days and 5 nights...

buildable boats and planes now please

buildable boats and planes now please
Boats are bots, so it wouldn't work the same.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:33:29 PM by gr8dayseth »

Boats are bots, so it wouldn't work the same.
uh.... it would be pretty much the same...
you're silly

Note to all:
the bricks you build with on the buildable cars, are the same as the bodyparts on your player..
they are nodes...
Truce made a TON of nodes that he can hide/unhide and recolor

sure, you can do this with bots, boats and flying vehicles, but it would be strenuous work...

edit:
read the giant word wall and you'll see "several nodes"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:56:40 AM by MARBLE MAN »

you're silly

Note to all:
the bricks you build with on the buildable cars, are the same as the bodyparts on your player..
they are nodes...
Truce made a TON of nodes that he can hide/unhide and recolor

sure, you can do this with bots, boats and flying vehicles, but it would be strenuous work...

edit:
read the giant word wall and you'll see "several nodes"
for a flying vehicle you can just change a couple of things in a datablock definition

I must say this is an excellent addon! To bad I have no real use for it yet. Maybe a customizable racing mini or something of the like? Decisions, decisions...

Have I been living under a rock or something because I've never seen that happen
DO IT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CHEERIOS
Sorry I forgot about it. Let me see if I can tomorrow, on iPod right now.
Edit; someone send me a PM so I remember to get off my ass and do it.

you're silly
Oh ok. I just assumed.

It's sad how he talked as if he really planned on adding to this, but we've heard nothing since..

There's no other kind of chassis yet that work as well as these, there's no feature to bind the build to the brick so it loads when the brick loads, there's no way to build off of the chassis, and transparency is still pretty buggy. :c

It's sad how he talked as if he really planned on adding to this, but we've heard nothing since..

There's no other kind of chassis yet that work as well as these, there's no feature to bind the build to the brick so it loads when the brick loads, there's no way to build off of the chassis, and transparency is still pretty buggy. :c
The reason why you cannot build off the chasis is because it uses nodes, so every time you place a brick it will unhide nodes and make them a certain colour, it uses preset nodes invisible. To have it go over the chasis would mean you would have to extend how many nodes you want out.

How about THIS?