Author Topic: Blockland is dying  (Read 20346 times)

We should work together for a better blockland.
The concept of Blockland being a stand alone game seems to escape you.
This IS the better Blockland.
Badspot is the main creator of it.
There will never be any other or more Blocklands than the one we currently have, RTB, TBM, and the rest were modifications for blockland v0002, the very early version of the Blockland we have now.
They are now obsolete and you can't even download v0002 anymore, which is necessary to play those mods, we have moved on, a new age has begun, I suggest you join in, or tonight you will be dying alone.

It isnt dieing, but im still mad about the datablock limit holding me back from making thousands of gun variations.

Why does each community have some people blinded by thier hate of the other comunities.

i don't hate other communities, if you can call 4 people that don't play the games a community

Question, it says 100 players, but there aren't 100 players if you count up all the players in server, so does it basically mean that there are 100 players running the BL client right now?

TBG will never happen lol

they gave up because they couldn't figure out how to delag the game like blockland retail.
you and them fail
I guess it goes to show you that not just anyone can grow quality oct trees.
Actually, Luquado fixed the lag issues but they don't want to waste their time on TBG because it wont go anywhere.  The author of this topic should be aware of it by now.

TBQH, Luquado is by far the most intelligent person that has ever played blockland.  No exceptions.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:37:40 PM by BJway_Bandit »

so he says, but hes been spinning that long before they officially decided it was a flop, and he refused to tell the world how because......who knows he refused to get deep into the reasons.

i was threatened to be banned by asking about it one day. kind-of--half-quote "no one needs to know until its added to the project"

translation: "i havnt the slightest clue how, and refuse to admit it, so ill have you all think im simply not sharing the secret, then when things fail as expected ill blame it all on other people's non participant'ness"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:40:26 PM by Bisjac »

so he says, but hes been spinning that long before they officially decided it was a flop, and he simply refused to tell the world how because......who knows he refused to get deep into the reasons.
He doesn't release anything he accomplishes because of people that piggy back off of existing code.   Look at the TBM forum under "I need a 3D modeler" and if you don't know where the forum is, you don't need to know.

of course i know, ive been following TBG's (non)progress since the day it caught fire as just a idea.
On many occasions i read right from his mouth that hes been having nothing but problems trying to delag

BLockland isnt dying, your just playing the wrong loving version.

of course i know, ive been following TBG's (non)progress since the day it caught fire as just a idea.
On many occasions i read right from his mouth that hes been having nothing but problems trying to delag
The only real way to follow progress involved with any of us is to be in the IRC.  Your lack of updates towards luq's progress with torque is because you never even connected to the network.

if you don't know where the forum is, you don't need to know.
A good google search gets the job done, I've found it. :)

mm hmm, and NOW the guys there would have us believe they DO have progress but its all secret'y fun kept from non believers of their society.

great plan, you wait for your community to die out before you start serious progress. believable

BTW, did you panhandle enough cash to pay for your hosting service yet? *tosses a quarter*

There is progress with Torque but TBG is dead. 

Also, start your own upload service once, it's much more difficult than your pathetic existence can manage :)

Why can't you buy retail, OP?

It strikes me as fairly ironic that someone like yourself, with the ability to type a long, punctuated, well-formed message, and with the ability to obviously understand some code, can't shell out a twenty.  I mean no offense, I'm just kinda curious.

That said, I've been through (most of) this drama, and I have to say that I think TBM and the first RTB and 0002 are kind of water under the bridge.  The tenacity of the TBM guys totally amazes me, but it seems pretty dumb to re-invent an entire game just to perpetuate some drama.  RTB original is old, and fairly obsolete.  I loaded up 0002 at a lan party once or twice for laughs but I don't think anyone plays it seriously anymore.  I'm decently sure that most people have moved on from all this rivalry onto retail.  Could be my perspective is skewed as well though, who knows.