Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311281 times)

on a scale from one to ten how bad is this for an HD 6950 playing Civ V

I have eight, and I regularly use around half. so I don't think 4gb would really cut it. it's not like computers only have one purpose
welllllllll i see ur point but for gaming only? games use more than 2gb? did they reach 4gb now?

anyway i also noticed that depending on the system ram, windows dynamically allocates ram for itself depending on how much u have
with 4gb on a system with the same specs and programs running it seemed to use like 1 gb of usage on standby
with 8gb it seems to bump up to 3gb of usage on standby
who KNOWS what windows is doing

welllllllll i see ur point but for gaming only? games use more than 2gb? did they reach 4gb now?

anyway i also noticed that depending on the system ram, windows dynamically allocates ram for itself depending on how much u have
with 4gb on a system with the same specs and programs running it seemed to use like 1 gb of usage on standby
with 8gb it seems to bump up to 3gb of usage on standby
who KNOWS what windows is doing
I know superfetch is a giant whore.
on a scale from one to ten how bad is this for an HD 6950 playing Civ V

D:

Today I learned:

The reason why my laptop was acting all funny/not charging was because there was a nest made of lint and dust due to placing my laptop on my bed right on everything.

Why do they put the air flow entry points on the bottom with no filters?
I don't know.

D:
normally, it would keep going up and before long his computer crashes, but I told him to install speedfan and keep an eye on that while playing, and to stop playing around 80C
then he opened his computer and it was a mess of dust and wires. so he's gonna get that sorted out and hopefully it'll be fine

it was idling at 46. and before he even left the main menu it was already at 53, and three minutes after he started playing it was at 71

I don't feel like it would be appropriate to post a picture someone else sent me of something in their house without their permission, but it was for real a mess

normally, it would keep going up and before long his computer crashes, but I told him to install speedfan and keep an eye on that while playing, and to stop playing around 80C
then he opened his computer and it was a mess of dust and wires. so he's gonna get that sorted out and hopefully it'll be fine

it was idling at 46. and before he even left the main menu it was already at 53, and three minutes after he started playing it was at 71

I don't feel like it would be appropriate to post a picture someone else sent me of something in their house without their permission, but it was for real a mess
Thought that was your computer. :P

Are you just helping a friend or are you doing work for this guy? If the latter, how'd you get started doing that?

Are you just helping a friend or are you doing work for this guy? If the latter, how'd you get started doing that?
he's just a friend. I don't know nearly enough about computer hardware to get paid for stuff like that lol
it would be kinda neat. I'm more interested in the software side though
not that I know a lot about that either, but whatever

he's just a friend. I don't know nearly enough about computer hardware to get paid for stuff like that lol
it would be kinda neat. I'm more interested in the software side though
not that I know a lot about that either, but whatever
I used to live in a town filled with older people. Totally could have made a living fixing easy stuff.

Pretty much in the same boat as you though.

Why not just use NZXT's water coolers?
not even all NZXT water coolers fit with the cable shield thingy on.

not even all NZXT water coolers fit with the cable shield thingy on.
Wut? You do realize how far back that is, right?

Wut? You do realize how far back that is, right?
Watch hardwarecanucks review of it. He couldn't fit some water coolers in.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about in a push pull configuration.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JNCLbv
There

everything you had minus a case for just $526. Based on the price of the build you posted, that leaves you around $50 to pick a case.
I'm kinda late, but thanks!

I'm kinda late, but thanks!
Sure! You'll get much better performance with that build.

I have a question: Is my computer any good?
Specs: AMD Athlon X4 750K quad core processor at 3.4 GHz.
8 Gb of ram
64-bit.

I have a question: Is my computer any good?
Specs: AMD Athlon X4 750K quad core processor at 3.4 GHz.
8 Gb of ram
64-bit.
does it have a graphics card?