Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310910 times)

I have a question: Is my computer any good?
Specs: AMD Athlon X4 750K quad core processor at 3.4 GHz.
8 Gb of ram
64-bit.
stuff processor
not enough details

Every time I go to Microcenter, I always end up walking out buying something.

So, I have a question.
This isn't about the PC itself, but more of accessories.

I'm looking for a new keyboard that has the following things:
1. Backlight
2. Mechanical
3. Mildly customizable (backlight itself, keys, etc.)
4. At a mildly affordable price ($$/60-90$)

I hate this keyboard I currently have, it's so small and the keys are flat (I hate flat keys).

Planning to probably get it for christmas when I tell my parents what it is.

Oh, and another thing about the innards of a PC:
I'm also looking for a decent video card (can run games like GTA IV at a perfect frame rate) and motherboard, but I don't want to mess up the PC I already have.

Should I get a build from some site like www.ibuypower.com or www.cyberpowerpc.com? Or should I order the parts myself and figure out how to get them in?

Thanks.

what microcenter are we talking about
the one with the areas for specific stuff?
because I went there in Minnesota and that's the one I went to

You would probably order the parts yourself. Putting it together isn't hard at all.

what microcenter are we talking about
the one with the areas for specific stuff?
because I went there in Minnesota and that's the one I went to

There is only one Microcenter here and it's the large one with the build your own PC section with the Apple store and all that jazz

(can run games like GTA IV at a perfect frame rate)
good luck with that

Killer I'm selling my roccat mk pro ii.
It's Brown cherry

2 of the key lights went out, so I'll be warranting it for a brand new one. But I still wAnted to buy the New logitech kb.

WNna make an offer for my roccat? Brand new, I'll sell for good deal

You would probably order the parts yourself. Putting it together isn't hard at all.
I can testify to that. First post from the new computer, just got the gpu like an hour ago.

Let's see what this son of a bitch can do.

Today I learned:

The reason why my laptop was acting all funny/not charging was because there was a nest made of lint and dust due to placing my laptop on my bed right on everything.

Why do they put the air flow entry points on the bottom with no filters?
I don't know.
lol that's one thing I hate about 90% of PC laptops. At least on the MacBook Pro/Air they are not stupid enough to put it on the bottom.

lol that's one thing I hate about 90% of PC laptops. At least on the MacBook Pro/Air they are not stupid enough to put it on the bottom.
Apple laptops aren't built to get hot. A lot of pc laptops are built with some power in them that requires cooling, and you put as much ventilation as you can into that thin frame so the god damn computer doesn't overheat.

Anyways, forgot the CD for the motherboard's drivers at home, so I'm having to manually download stuff. For some reason my tv/monitor isn't playing sound; I need a driver for that, right?

Killer I'm selling my roccat mk pro ii.
It's Brown cherry

2 of the key lights went out, so I'll be warranting it for a brand new one. But I still wAnted to buy the New logitech kb.

WNna make an offer for my roccat? Brand new, I'll sell for good deal

it'd take me a while to actually gain the money for it
i get like $10 every week soooo

my computer idles at 1.1 gb of ram what can i do to combat this

Alright, a small problem. The case's audio/microphone jack connector for the motherboard wasn't going on the pins all the way, which I thought wasn't that big of a deal until I put some headphones on and sound is missing certain db or something. Like it sounds like people's voices are missing and such.

Should I try to force the connector, or should I see if there's something wrong with the jack itself?

my computer idles at 1.1 gb of ram what can i do to combat this
Look for the windows process "Superfetch" and tell us how much its using.