Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311273 times)

that's just not gonna happen

That depends on the specs of the macbook, so please list them.

That depends on the specs of the macbook, so please list them.
this.

It's kinda hard to build a computer better than a computer that we don't know the specs of.

oops my temps are a bit high

i have stock coolers, and i heard phantom 410 don't have that great of fans

think ol' bessie will last a bit longer before i get some money to upgrade next summer?

Calling all PC builders, I require some assistance. I need a decently-priced PC case with these specs:

- 5+ HDD bays
- 4 FRONT USB ports, possibly more if possible.
- Mid or Full Tower.
- Space for a DVD drive
I'm using it for a build I'm working on. If I can't find one, then I'll just go back to using the Level 10 GT I always use.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:12:53 PM by AtlasBlue »

If you don't need DVD drives get the h440 :)

If you don't need DVD drives get the h440 :)
Whoops, I knew there was something wrong with that list...
Yes, I do need a DVD drive.

I'm looking for suggestions for this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kvCgCJ
Mostly I'm just looking for comments relating to the motherboard and RAM. I know jack all about motherboards, and there is probably RAM just a good as the ones listed but for cheaper.

I don't feel particularly confident about a 2TB hard drive for $65

I don't really like the look of that motherboard, either. ASRock is notorious for being a bad motherboard company.

Try out the Sabertooth Z97 Mark I or II. Only difference between the two are the thermal shields and something else.
Sabertooths are reliable as forget.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:48:17 PM by Swat 3 »

I don't feel particularly confident about a 2TB hard drive for $65
I don't really like the look of that motherboard, either. ASRock is notorious for being a bad motherboard company.
Thats why I'm asking you guys. I dont really know anything about what I should be getting for what price, so if you guys have something better I'd like to hear about it.

I am not exactly top-notch in the whole thing, but I do know a bit about motherboards.

So I might get a whole new setup because a friend wants to buy my current setup off of me for $1,800. I'm pretty much asking for opinions on changes I should make to this list, my budget is no more than $2,800.

I call it, The Dream ~

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Moby1997/saved/rmDnTW