Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1324622 times)

I intend on buying a GTX 760 since my now 460 is bork.

But I have a theorethical issue:
I have a dual monitor setup and one of my monitor only has a VGA connection.
The 760 does not have any VGA outputs.
Would it be possible to link my main with a direct DVI/HDMI connection, and use a DVI>VGA or HDMI>VGA for my secondary monitor, and use them in dual monitor?
Theorethically it would make sense to do so, but I seen some people have issues while Googling, but I have no certain answers.

you can use any cable to any monitor, and get dual monitor. whatever plugs em in

Are there any modern computer cases that are styled to look like the old plastic bricks from the glorious 90's?
The more they yellow over time the better :cookieMonster:

I intend on buying a GTX 760 since my now 460 is bork.

But I have a theorethical issue:
I have a dual monitor setup and one of my monitor only has a VGA connection.
The 760 does not have any VGA outputs.
Would it be possible to link my main with a direct DVI/HDMI connection, and use a DVI>VGA or HDMI>VGA for my secondary monitor, and use them in dual monitor?
Theorethically it would make sense to do so, but I seen some people have issues while Googling, but I have no certain answers.
Why not just use the DVI to VGA adapter almost all video cards come with.

Why not just use the DVI to VGA adapter almost all video cards come with.
Apparently the exact brand I am getting right now (Gigabyte) does not come with one.
Gg me.
But it was one of the cheaper and more trustworthy ones. I also had choice of Palit (no.) and Zotac, whom I don't know that much about.

You could always order a DVI>VGA adapter for like $5 or however much they are.

When I used a VGA to DVI adaptor with my HD 7870 I had some weird graphical issue where, only while playing games, there would be a slightly brighter horizontal bar of pixels about 400~ pixels high that would sort of "scan" from the top of my monitor down to the bottom and then cycle. The problem went away after I got a monitor which actually supported HDMI/DVI instead of VGA. I didn't have the problem before I got the HD 7870, the adaptor block and monitor worked fine with my old HD 6770.

Might've just been my card/adaptor/monitor but I dunno, seems like more trouble than it's worth

When I used a VGA to DVI adaptor with my HD 7870 I had some weird graphical issue where, only while playing games, there would be a slightly brighter horizontal bar of pixels about 400~ pixels high that would sort of "scan" from the top of my monitor down to the bottom and then cycle. The problem went away after I got a monitor which actually supported HDMI/DVI instead of VGA. I didn't have the problem before I got the HD 7870, the adaptor block and monitor worked fine with my old HD 6770.

Might've just been my card/adaptor/monitor but I dunno, seems like more trouble than it's worth

The only problem I have with DVI > VGA is that it has a slight horizontal streak, which is only visible when two solid colors meet, pretty much unnoticeable anywhere but the forum.

I got my new GPU today!
And it's loving immense!
No worries, gonna rip apart my HDD mounts and gonna put my HDD oblique in the Disk drive mount trays things.

Quality craftsmanship.

God forsake the cable-management guys that looks at that pic.

I'm more focused on the horrid dust build up...

what kind is it

also that cable management  :panda:

Once I get my GTX 980 and all the other computer components, I'll take some pictures. I've been waiting for a long time to be able to post in this thread with my own stuff, and it's finally happening :D