Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1329308 times)

Thinking about ridding myself of my stock CPU cooler and finding a quieter alternative. Any ideas on what to get?

hyper 212 evo is always a great option. but if you want water cooling, try the h60 or h100i

Anyone have experience with learning C?

I'm going to college next year, and figured I should learn a language considering technology is what I'm going to do with my life. I'm looking for a nice set of books to buy that anyone here might have experience with.
C, from what I've heard, is generally faster than most if not all languages and is portable across all platforms.
The downside is that while it is reasonably fast it is somewhat primitive and doesn't offer as many features as C# or C++ and is more time consuming to code.

i've worked with C when i was doing some robotics stuff, but i imagine software applications are more time-consuming and weewee-ripping. if you don't need to learn C specifically, i'd go for something like java or C# (they almost appear identical in many ways), possibly python. C++ if ur feelin lucky or if you think you can do it. or just try them all and see what sticks best! that's probably the safest way to go!

Dear diary: Today I overclocked my GTX 970 to 1400MHz boost by sliding a slider.

Sure is a wonderful age we live in.

Dear diary: Today I overclocked my GTX 970 to 1400MHz boost by sliding a slider.

What card/cooling you got on there?

10 years in the future:
Today I super overclocked my GTZ 103932 to 15500MHz by simply willing it into existence.

oh wait

Just the ASUS STRIX
Ah ok same, I should try that some time.

Ah ok same, I should try that some time.

Just use ASUS GPU Tweak, slide the boost clock slider to the max, set temperature target to the max (91 degrees) and set the power target to 110% (might not need to do this but I found it made my boost clock a bit more stable since I can reach boost clocks constantly without thermal throttling). If you want to go further you can look up some guides, disable the slider limiter in the settings for GPU Tweak and get into the realms of memory overclocking which I don't understand at all
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:28:10 AM by Tokthree »

Just use ASUS GPU Tweak, slide the boost clock slider to the max, set temperature target to the max (91 degrees) and set the power target to 110% (might not need to do this but I found it made my boost clock a bit more stable since I can reach boost clocks constantly without thermal throttling). If you want to go further you can look up some guides, disable the slider limiter in the settings for GPU Tweak and get into the realms of memory overclocking which I don't understand at all
Ah thanks. :)

I don't really understand memory overclocking, obviously, but I have heard that core overclocking is somehow better to do.

i've worked with C when i was doing some robotics stuff, but i imagine software applications are more time-consuming and weewee-ripping. if you don't need to learn C specifically, i'd go for something like java or C# (they almost appear identical in many ways), possibly python. C++ if ur feelin lucky or if you think you can do it. or just try them all and see what sticks best! that's probably the safest way to go!

I've gotten into C# lately and it's pretty great. I've tried C++ before but I found it too frustrating.

i don't understand why people overclock in the first place. i value money too much just to throw it away.

i don't understand why people overclock in the first place. i value money too much just to throw it away.

Because people know how to overclock components without noticeably impacting their lifespan

In general, it's not that dangerous unless you feel like hooking up 120v AC to your processor :cookieMonster:

So my microphone ports are not working. I thought it was the headset's fault but I tested out the backside mic port of my computer and then used another headset to test the mic port in the front and back and still nothing. Anyone know what the problem is?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:08:36 PM by JJJMan4 »