Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1328309 times)

nah
not when you have a tiny room that you share with another person and limited space it doesntnot much
its just a really small room
My room is a 13ftx9ft, I have a twin sized mattress, my PC, a desk, a dresser, some misc stuff in a corner,a small table, and I have a heater in the middle. My room is a storage room and also due to how cold it is we store drinks in here.
How much stuff do you have?

Nothing wrong with mini itx damn. He just cant get his "pro SLI 1337 swag" in his case, which is just fine. 1 video card is enough.

Plus most mini ITX cases are great if you want something portable.

Nothing wrong with mini itx damn. He just cant get his "pro SLI 1337 swag" in his case, which is just fine. 1 video card is enough.

Plus most mini ITX cases are great if you want something portable.
i don't want to do sli because mainly i don't need it
and i did want portability (but i didnt want to settle for a laptop because eugh)
i game at my friends' houses often but end up having to use their relatives' hardware alongside theirs

You should have said something before we all leaped on you lol. Portability is pretty much the only reason to go mini-ATX. I stand by this:
If you can't fit a mid sized case in your room, it's time to take a look at what other crap you have.
Mid-sized towers are tiny as stuff. Hang it from the ceiling if you need to, but not having enough room for a computer is really only an excuse if you literally don't have a room and are living on the streets. lol

Honestly i would totally have a mini ITX computer just for portability sake

http://gizmodo.com/this-beautiful-vintage-radio-is-actually-a-custom-gamin-1668697877

I think if I ever did a mini-ATX build, I'd do a custom case like this guy.
That's micro-ITX. Micro-ITX =/= mini-ATX.

That's micro-ITX. Micro-ITX =/= mini-ATX.
... It was 7 in the morning. :C

Anyone have experience with learning C?

I'm going to college next year, and figured I should learn a language considering technology is what I'm going to do with my life. I'm looking for a nice set of books to buy that anyone here might have experience with.

could you guys double-check this to make sure everything is compatible? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/med521/saved/q68zK8

because the warnings say:

-Some Intel H81 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs.

-The NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 330mm long, but video cards over 230mm may block drive bays. Since the Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card is 271mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

could you guys double-check this to make sure everything is compatible? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/med521/saved/q68zK8

because the warnings say:

-Some Intel H81 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs.

-The NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 330mm long, but video cards over 230mm may block drive bays. Since the Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card is 271mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

Motherboard looks fine but you're going to need to pick a different case. Either choose a case which supports cards of that length or one with removable HDD cages

I'm going to college next year, and figured I should learn a language considering technology is what I'm going to do with my life. I'm looking for a nice set of books to buy that anyone here might have experience with.
Learn python or java first, stufftons easier.

I do some basic C, its a bitch and a half at times.

Motherboard looks fine but you're going to need to pick a different case. Either choose a case which supports cards of that length or one with removable HDD cages

-nvm, picked gtx 760 instead.-

Thinking about ridding myself of my stock CPU cooler and finding a quieter alternative. Any ideas on what to get?