[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309845 times)

I also have gotten a 760 2 weeks ago.
What is going on.

Oh so you already have the 760? Okay so you won't have to cheap out on the processor.
ya I got it for sim city last august cause the default one on my PC was just crap.

I'm going to be giving my dad my PC I currently use, and we're using the insurance money to get a new one for me.

The GTX 760: When you want super performance on gaming, but you don't want to spend super performance money.

Insurance is giving us $600 for a new PC after the lightning strike. I'd like something that can suit my games. It also needs to fit a gtx 760.

suggestions?
How many of the parts did you test and they work? If you're lucky only the PSU fried.

Insurance is giving us $600 for a new PC after the lightning strike. I'd like something that can suit my games. It also needs to fit a gtx 760.

suggestions?
Assuming you already have a case and DVD drive: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Chipskate/saved/rPP7YJ
It's $10 over budget, but if you drop the aftermarket CPU cooler and stick with the stock for a while you'll slip just under the limit.

New Update!

• Color scheme I am going with is Black / Red and a little bit of Gold in there it seems.
  • As for the monitor I already have an HDTV I plan to use and I have speakers / headphones.
  • The OS will be Windows 8.1 that I plan on buying through my university.

Comments and input from you guys is always usually helpful so please have at it!

My Christmas PC Build!
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor BOUGHT!
  • MOBO: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard BOUGHT!
  • RAM: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory SWAPPED!
  • NEW RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory BOUGHT!
  • SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive BOUGHT!
  • HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive BOUGHT!
  • GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card OUT OF STOCK! HELP!
  • CASE: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case BOUGHT!
  • PSU: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply BOUGHT!
  • ODD: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer BOUGHT!
  • KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse BOUGHT!

Let me know what you guys think! I will post pictures around Christmas time when I put it all together and get it running! If you could help me find a place to buy my Video Card for a good deal (missed out on the ~$330 deal, damn) that would be great, thanks!

can i get anything better than this for under 600 dollars? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/med521/saved/QQJNnQ or at least more performance for the money?

can i get anything better than this for under 600 dollars? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/med521/saved/QQJNnQ or at least more performance for the money?
yes

I'd get a better CPU, like an i5

yes

I'd get a better CPU, like an i5

i5 is a lot more money. the 6300 is almost similar to the i5-4570, so there's really no point.

aww yiss

perhaps I should invest in one of them newfangled 6gb/s motherboards.

I dont really know where to ask this and I dont feel like making a new topic so i figured this was the best place

someone link me a decent wireless gaming headset that will give the most bang for my buck

i need a backup build because my build list likes to fluctuate on prices a lot. Its got to be under 600 dollars. Here's my current build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($84.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($89.78 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($80.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $565.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-02 08:19 EST-0500

aww yiss

perhaps I should invest in one of them newfangled 6gb/s motherboards.
Holy mother of forget. And here I come thinking my MX100 is fast :panda:

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:30:47 PM by Mr. Bill »