[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1302509 times)

I will never play either of those games so why does it matter?
because benchmarking is used as a standard basis of graphical quality, which skyrim can max out on maybe a year old graphics card anyways? so it's not even a valid test.

because benchmarking is used as a standard basis of graphical quality, which skyrim can max out on maybe a year old graphics card anyways? so it's not even a valid test.

Not necessarily - I had a GTX 460 that I couldn't max out Skyrim with. (Well I could but FPS average was around 30 sometimes.)

Two of those cards could max out Skyrim with 60+ fps no problem

Not necessarily - I had a GTX 460 that I couldn't max out Skyrim with. (Well I could but FPS average was around 30 sometimes.)

Two of those cards could max out Skyrim with 60+ fps no problem

the ones in the 2k package or the gtx 460's?

the ones in the 2k package or the gtx 460's?

2k package. Two 460s would too, though.

I think these hierarchies from tom's hardware should go in the OP
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html

The tables are worth posting images of, the rest of the articles are worth linking to as well. They come out with new hierarchies every 3 months or so

wtf why does anyone even buy stuff at futureshop? the coolermaster haf XM is like 30 bucks more at futureshop than at newegg

ooh. new topic.

Awesome.

Why does the CPU thing still say that Sandy Bridge is Intel's "latest offering"? Might also want to mention Haswell/LGA1150.

I would like to hear peoples opinions on Windows 8, I don't care about the desktop and startmenu rant as I have already found something that makes it the same as it has always been and allows you to forget that Metro ever existed so I just want to know how it performs and if it supports everything that worked on Win7

I would like to hear peoples opinions on Windows 8, I don't care about the desktop and startmenu rant as I have already found something that makes it the same as it has always been and allows you to forget that Metro ever existed so I just want to know how it performs and if it supports everything that worked on Win7
Well, the "fast boot" is just hibernation lite (including possibly breaking stuff if you multiboot).

Does anyone have any experience with a 7770? I think I'm going to end up getting one of those instead of a 7850, just want to know how well it will run games.

According to Passmark the 7770 scored a whole 1700 points lower than the 7850 in their benchmark tests, are you sure you'd rather save $50 than get one of the top-end video cards in the current generation? You'd probably end up kicking yourself later on

Does anyone have any experience with a 7770? I think I'm going to end up getting one of those instead of a 7850, just want to know how well it will run games.
Don't do it.

Save for the 78-- series, you will really hate yourself if you purchase the 7770 now.

I run a 7770 in my foyer PC, it runs alright, but why not just wait and save a few more bucks and get a lot more bang per dollar?

Don't do it.

Save for the 78-- series, you will really hate yourself if you purchase the 7770 now.

I run a 7770 in my foyer PC, it runs alright, but why not just wait and save a few more bucks and get a lot more bang per dollar?
This. I have. Sapphire Radeon 7850 2GB. Really nice card. Probably still going to update to a Gtx 680/90 tho.

i'm going to upgrade to windows 8, possibly a mistake but oh well!