[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1308391 times)

i'm going to upgrade to windows 8, possibly a mistake but oh well!
If you don't have a touch-enabled monitor, don't do it.

If you don't have a touch-enabled monitor, don't do it.
I'm doing it for the RDP.

According to Passmark the 7770 scored a whole 1700 points lower than the 7850 in their benchmark tests, are you sure you'd rather save $50 than get one of the top-end video cards in the current generation? You'd probably end up kicking yourself later on
It seems like a little overkill for what I'm going for though. I'm only gonna game on a 1336x768 monitor...I dunno. I'll have to think about it some more.

edit: although, it would be good to futureproof I suppose...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:12:54 AM by Flush535 »

would an upgrade from and AMD Athlon II X4 630 to an AMD Phenom II X4 945 cause any significant changes in performance? Is it worth the money?

i'm ready bby, lets upgrade

would an upgrade from and AMD Athlon II X4 630 to an AMD Phenom II X4 945 cause any significant changes in performance? Is it worth the money?

Get the Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition, extemely solid processor and good for overclocking without voltage increases, I've heard people say they overclocked it from the base 3.4Ghz to 4.2Ghz without upping the voltage, people have also had really good luck with unlocking extra cores if you have a BIOS which allows core unlocking

Get the Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition, extemely solid processor and good for overclocking without voltage increases, I've heard people say they overclocked it from the base 3.4Ghz to 4.2Ghz without upping the voltage, people have also had really good luck with unlocking extra cores if you have a BIOS which allows core unlocking
the best i can get for my motherboard so it the same amount of watts is the 945, I don't want to risk using a different value of watts...

the 945 is 95W, while the 965 is 125W

What's your motherboard's CPU TDP?

didn't windows 8 make using steam illegal? or did i not hear correctly?

the best i can get for my motherboard so it the same amount of watts is the 945, I don't want to risk using a different value of watts...

the 945 is 95W, while the 965 is 125W

Fairly certain that value is the TDP, the amount of heat it dissipates, it only really pertains to CPU coolers.
If I can put a Phenom II on a Dell stock motherboard then I have no doubt that you should be able to without it breaking

didn't windows 8 make using steam illegal? or did i not hear correctly?

wtf are you taking?

how do I find my motherboard format?
does anyone have an answer to this?

does anyone have an answer to this?

http://www.orbitmicro.com/company/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/motherboards_form_factors.jpg

This might be of some assistance, just measure your motherboard and round it to the nearest formfactor