Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311056 times)

I want to get a Liquid cooler for my new computer i'm going to build. I want to Overclock a i7 3770K. What Liquid cooler should I get? (I'm ordering from newegg, so please get it from there if you can)

Get an H100i. I plan on doing the same thing in the not to distant future as well. Also get some additional fans with high static pressure. The ones that come with the cooler are not that great. An easy recommendation are the Corsair SP120's the performance or the quiet edition is up to you.

Get an H100i. I plan on doing the same thing in the not to distant future as well. Also get some additional fans with high static pressure. The ones that come with the cooler are not that great. An easy recommendation are the Corsair SP120's the performance or the quiet edition is up to you.

The Noctua NH-D14 or anything similar looking to it is as good if not better than any liquid cooler closed loop. They're also cheaper. Doing push-pull on the radiator doesn't add anything.

But really it's up to preference about which one you like more.

This is what I was going to get before the thought of Liquid Cooling.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

About time this thread got a revival!

OT: I just recieved my new computer!

RAM: 8gb
Processor: Quad-core Intel i5 running at 3.00GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 640

What would the $700 build be able to run on max settings?

New topic, good (yes I know it's late)

Also I'll put some pictures of my computer up soon, decided to organise all my wires properly and it looks good

Can anyone suggest a good microphone?
Not a full headset, just a microphone. I already have good headphones but my current microphone is dying.

Can anyone suggest a good microphone?
Not a full headset, just a microphone. I already have good headphones but my current microphone is dying.

Price?

Ok so I'm thinking about getting either This computer, or This one here. I heard the first one has pretty good parts, but most needed to replace graphics card and/or fan, and the second one I don't know much about.

Both have terrible GPU's for gaming.
EDIT: Almost everyone in the more expensive one are reporting that their Hard-Drive crashed.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:07:33 AM by Steve5452 »

It's confusing at first, because you've got a desktop AND a start page with all the apps (I don't remember the exact name right now). Also, the lack of a start button is sligtly annoying. And because of the missing start button, I had to search the internet for how to turn off the computer :P
But I like the overall design, it's quite nice.  
If you need to search for how to shut it down someone did something very poorly.

Anyone know some good CPU / GPU stress testing software? My room is too cold and I need my heater of a computer to warm things up a bit.

Anyone know some good CPU / GPU stress testing software? My room is too cold and I need my heater of a computer to warm things up a bit.

Heaven is pretty stressful.

Prime 95 also maxes out a cpu for as long as you want.

Heaven is pretty stressful.

Prime 95 also maxes out a cpu for as long as you want.
Thanks.

So I was checking the cables that come with my PSU to make sure I have all the ones I need before I order my new parts and the motherboard needs a 8-pin cable for the CPU, on the back of my PSU's box there's a diagram with all the cables it comes with and the CPU one looks like this;

Does that mean that they can both be plugged into an 8-pin socket and function as such?