Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310850 times)

Would anyone be interested in buying my computer I built about 4 months back? It will come cleaned (Air Dusted), Cable Managed, and the list of parts I gave below.

Notes: This computer has run everything I needed, GTA IV, Blockland, Minecraft, Saints Row 3, Counterstrike, and Call of Duty. All maxed out. My average Blockland FPS is 300.

So if anyone is interested in it, Give me a PM or post here. If you want Pictures, I will open up the case tomorrow and take some.

Parts & Operating System

Case
Antec DF-85 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Mobo
ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Memory(RAM)
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM
GPU
SAPPHIRE 100355OCL Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card OC Version
PSU
RAIDMAX Blackstone series RX-700AC 700W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
CPU
Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500
HDD
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
DVD Drive
ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM
OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

Original Price
$1,244

Resell Price

$1,000
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:28:16 PM by Glassy »

I've never thought about used custom built computers. I should look into that when I next consider buying a new system.
Overall that price is way high. I'm not sure, but I think that the warranty has a large role in used computers. No/short warranties should drive the price down, and the fact that it's used normally gets you to about 70% it's original price.

I'm having an issue with going into sleep mode, and I believe it's my processor. On fairly CPU intensive program such as left 4 dead 2, it goes into sleep mode fairly often, but on a dual threaded arma 2, there is no going into sleep mode. On something like Modern Warfare 2, my computer started seizing up when I was hosting before going into sleep mode. Could this be a cpu problem?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:16:20 PM by Mr.jacksaunt »

Does anyone want to buy my used EVGA GeForce GTX460 768MB?  $80, works perfectly fine still and can be overclocked a lot more (I got a good amount of extra frames per second with overclocking).

Bump.. Aaa. Ethan needs to lock the old one.

I'm just going to post here so that it stands out and I don't lose this thread.

Bump.. Aaa. Ethan needs to lock the old one.
Yeah I accedetnally posted in the old one thinking that it was this one. D:

I will post in the other one so long as people still post there asking for help, I seek only to aid

I will post in the other one so long as people still post there asking for help, I seek only to aid
Were trying to switch over and that doesn't help at all.

Well too bad, I ain't going to ignore people asking for help which I can give them just so they can be shepherded into this thread.
You can do that on your own time, I'm going to continue doing things my way

Well too bad, I ain't going to ignore people asking for help which I can give them just so they can be shepherded into this thread.
Answer their questions but direct them to the new one. Stop getting to hostile just because you don't want to change.

Better idea:
Type a reply to their post, post it here, then link your post to them.

Better idea:
Type a reply to their post, post it here, then link your post to them.
I was thinking the exact same.

It has been proven that Liquid Closed loops do better under load. At idle of course it will hardly make a difference. Price to performance is better on most air coolers but like the ones you suggested are huge and most people's cases do not fit them anyways. It is up to the persons decision about what they want to do with what they have, but doing push-pull on the radiator does make a big difference. I have no idea where you got the information from that says it doesn't. Any test would disprove that.

Not for ones like the h100i, push pull hardly makes a difference at all. I don't know about actual liquid cooling loops though. I was talking strictly about the all-in-ones. If you're talking about the all-in-ones you're absolutely wrong.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:27:40 AM by devildogelite »

Not for ones like the h100i, push pull hardly makes a difference at all. I don't know about actual liquid cooling loops though. I was talking strictly about the all-in-ones. If you're talking about the all-in-ones you're absolutely wrong.

All in ones. Yes I am talking about those. Go to this video and watch. An H100i against something like a Silver Arrow Extreme, the H100i wins. It may not be by much but it is a fact and I am correct. I have yet to find a push-pull video but I am sure it does benefit the radiator.

guyssssss
My case came! :D

BitFenix Prodigy is smexy.