[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311117 times)

That motherboard still only supports 1600 MHz RAM tops. I'm not entirely sure what would happen, but it probably just wouldn't boot properly.

I was just making what Zloff said more understandable; honestly I think you'll be fine if you just get 1600 MHz RAM with a 10 CAS latency. I'm sure it would help a little bit, but it would not really be that noticeable.
Aight. Thanks

DDR4 2400mhz master race

That motherboard still only supports 1600 MHz RAM tops. I'm not entirely sure what would happen, but it probably just wouldn't boot properly.
the computer will simply just make the RAM run at 1600 instead, no messing with the BIOS needed.

the computer will simply just make the RAM run at 1600 instead, no messing with the BIOS needed.
Oh. Good to know.

In that case, espio, there shouldn't be an issue with that RAM, although you won't get the full speed. Would be better to save your money on cheaper/slower sticks.

Oh. Good to know.

In that case, espio, there shouldn't be an issue with that RAM, although you won't get the full speed. Would be better to save your money on cheaper/slower sticks.
Yeah. My friend recommended me this one since its p fast but its not really usefull when you cant get it at full speed.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:53:46 PM by espio100 »

I didnt say I liked it or not, I didnt understand it.
here is a simple image to show you how I think.

i admit the "1833 instead of 1866" mistake was dumb lol but like how do you not know what it means when it's right there in the title and then in the specs under "speed"

last month I went from knowing next to nothing to building my own pc with very little help from others; a little online research goes a long way, and you should definitely do some if you are going to be putting all of the parts together yourself

also, here is a no-nonsense, at-your-level-of-understanding reason as to why you should choose an r9 380 over the gtx(both of which are compatible with your setup) http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2687322/gtx-960-380.html#16079437
in case you couldn't tell it's the reply with the green around it labeled "best solution"

neutron got here
way forgetin bigger than i thought it would be but its okay i have room

(soda can for size)

the fans were advertised as dual 120s in the front, even in the manual it said they were 120s, but the fans themselves say they are 140s, and they measure 140mm.
no idea why they would lie about that, but hey, more fan for me.

the stock fans are not PWM, and arent exactly loud but they aren't quiet either
like hotel air conditioning noise level
i will save up another 30 dollars and buy some corsair red led 140s, i had great successes with my white led 140mm from them

i only have a 430w EVGA right now, and its not exactly meant to handle a 970, so the wiring consists of adapters and nasty colors
i did the best i could, it would look much better without that molex to 6 pin in the middle of it all

no real complaints besides the noise level unless i just wanna nit-pick at every little thing i didnt care for

When you upgrade your psu, save yourself the trouble and buy a modular one so you can buy sleeved cables.

i was gonna get corsair 750i

also, here is a no-nonsense, at-your-level-of-understanding reason as to why you should choose an r9 380 over the gtx(both of which are compatible with your setup) http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2687322/gtx-960-380.html#16079437
in case you couldn't tell it's the reply with the green around it labeled "best solution"
also, you could also get a 280x. better than a 380 and 960

So I want to get into linux. What distro should I get for my Thinkpad T61? I want it to be fast, easy to use, and actually have working loving steam unlike the last 2 distros I've tried (AntergOS and Playonlinux)

specs:
1680x1050 screen
Core 2 duo 2.2ghz T7500
2gb DDR2 RAM
320gb HDD
Nvidia Quadro NVS 140m 128mb

elementary os is great if you want it to be easy to use

steam works great on it

linux mint if you want less resource intensive, a little bit harder to use

So I want to get into linux. What distro should I get for my Thinkpad T61? I want it to be fast, easy to use, and actually have working loving steam unlike the last 2 distros I've tried (AntergOS and Playonlinux)
1. antergos is just arch linux, which is not for newbies
2. playonlinux isn't a distro

anyways, try debian

i'm using arch but it was hard to set up; if you want ease of access, go with ubuntu/mint and just download wine from the repository for the windows stuff

So I want to get into linux. What distro should I get for my Thinkpad T61?
depends on why you want to use linux