[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311245 times)

espio you aren't very bright, are you?

espio you aren't very bright, are you?
And you only noticed now?

also, you could also get a 280x. better than a 380 and 960
shoot i didn't even consider buying an older r9 model but you're right

My dvd drive broke :( I only used it a couple of times a year too :(

And you only noticed now?
did you seriously just pull the moltenkitten hit single "i never said i was smart"

did you seriously just pull the moltenkitten hit single "i never said i was smart"
That he did

i went into pcpartpicker today to try and build a miniITX/microATX comp but realized that i remembered nothing about building computers aside from the terminology because i haven't touched this thing in half a year

welp, time to relearn everything
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:17:27 PM by Daswiruch »

in another thread I've remembered that I want to upgrade my memory sometime
I know that, for example, two 4GB sticks is better than one eight, so is four 4GB sticks better than two eights?
I already have two 4GB ones, so just buying two more would be an easy way to upgrade

in another thread I've remembered that I want to upgrade my memory sometime
I know that, for example, two 4GB sticks is better than one eight, so is four 4GB sticks better than two eights?
I already have two 4GB ones, so just buying two more would be an easy way to upgrade

Depends if your motherboard supports quad channel memory.

if it does, the site doesn't seem to mention it
I know that it has four slots, though
would it still be cost-effective to just buy two more 4GB sticks anyway?
if it would make a noticeably big difference, I'd be fine with just buying two 8GB sticks and giving my current ones to someone else

then again, maybe I should continue with my plan to upgrade my processor next, to an intel cpu. but that would require me to switch out the motherboard too, which I don't think is ideal

Actually using 4 sticks of 4gbs is a bad idea even if your board supports quad channel its actually faster to use two, as two 8gb sticks are better than having 4 4gb sticks.

Actually using 4 sticks of 4gbs is a bad idea even if your board supports quad channel its actually faster to use two, as two 8gb sticks are better than having 4 4gb sticks.

I don't think that's true.

The less sticks the faster the memory. You want at least 2 to use dual channel.