Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1332068 times)

give

you see, here's the thing.... runs

also I'm typing this from the new setup with Win10 so now Microsoft can spy on me when I wack it, and also a friend of mine offered me $250 for my 1070 ;~;~;~;~;

sorry for the quad post but

it's alive

thing's so loving big It can't even fit on my desk even if I put my old PC on the ground ;-;

specs are
- Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Black
- Corsair Air Series AF140 140mm Purple LED Quiet Edition x2
- MSI Z170A SLI Plus LGA 1151
- Intel Core i5-6600K
- Noctua NH-D15
- Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition
- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR4 x2
- CORSAIR RMx Series RM850X

How's this for a budget PC? Are my parts good for the cost / will the fit and preform well?

might aswell just go 1151

also why you getting an i5 but then a 950? I don't know if it's for gaming or not but that's one hell of a bottleneck.

yeah, in this situation you'd be better off with a weaker processor and a stronger graphics card

heres an alternative build at around the same price

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($30.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($35.33 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($163.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($27.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX XT 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($53.98 @ Newegg)
Other: win 10 ($45.00)
Total: $565.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-17 23:08 EDT-0400

you could shave off a few tens from the price if you decide to go with a home edition of win 10
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:08:38 PM by Niblic² »

Would this cost more because I'm making this as budget as possible
also why you getting an i5 but then a 950? I don't know if it's for gaming or not but that's one hell of a bottleneck.
Would you mind linking me to a graphics card that would work but wouldn't add a forgetton to the price?

Would this cost more because I'm making this as budget as possible

shouldn't

you could shave off a few tens from the price if you decide to go with a home edition of win 10
purely anecdotal but the home edition of win10 kind of restricts your freedom with not being able to choose updates and such

heres an alternative build at around the same price

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hHRP6X

I'd consider this but this seems to use AMD for the card which I'm not going for at all and the dual-core is a turnoff
purely anecdotal but the home edition of win10 kind of restricts your freedom with not being able to choose updates and such
This too, I'm not going with Home because of that reason and the PC being a mainly gaming one

and the dual-core is a turnoff
most games you play will likely not use them both, so it will be better for you to go for quality over quantity
assuming that his suggested processor is actually better. I don't know if it is or not

most games you play will likely not use them both, so it will be better for you to go for quality over quantity
Again, I'd much rather use a Quad Core. Plus I do editing as well for youtube (and currently practicing) so an I5 would help quite a bit

Both rendering and high-quality recording

I'd consider this but this seems to use AMD for the card which I'm not going for at all and the dual-core is a turnoff

the i3-6100 is on par with the i5 4460 when it comes to performance in games

and if you rly prefer an nvidia gpu there's a 960 selling for a bit more than the 380 i linked

the i3-6100 is on par with the i5 4460 when it comes to performance in games

and if you rly prefer an nvidia gpu there's a 960 selling for a bit more than the 380 i linked
Even though that card adds on 50+ dollars I'll take a look at it, thanks

I'll also do some research and I may consider the i3 due to its cost