[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310650 times)

Every Galaxy phone after the S4 sucked, so I would suggest something else. The G3 and G4 are both really nice phones. Also look into the 2014 or 2015 Moto X. Both the G3/4 and Moto X run Android in its purest form, so you won't get any of those useless bloatware apps that come with touchwiz on the Galaxy phones.

Thanks, I've been looking at the G4 since I know that the ROMs are fairly clean. I'm not entirely convinced though because the graphics chip is quite a step down from what my S4 has.
What do you think of the Huawei P8? It's about $40 more than the G4 ($250 v $210), has an extra gig of RAM, the GPU is about twice as fast and it's a little more dainty. OTOH the battery is weaker and I don't know how bad Huawei are with crapware.
EDIT: forget it, just ordered the G4, should be here sometime next week. Thanks for the help, guys.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:15:59 PM by Pentium »

Nvidia gives away the best rulers to ever exist.

Ok, so I maaaaaay have uh... broke the headphone jack on my $100 dollar case. Tried fixing it, the metal piece popped out again. I almost never use the microphone jack, so could I hypothetically reconfigure the pins on the motherboard to use the microphone jack as a headphone jack?

Edit: Never mind, I just repurposed it using Realtek. It's a solid connector anyway so no way I could have changed things around.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:23:22 PM by Georges »

would an AMD FX-8350 bottleneck a GTX 1070? I'm thinking about upgrading at some point and i want to know how to get the most bang for my buck without bottlenecking but also without replacing the cpu.

I'd think it would only bottleneck if the game didn't support multithreading.

would an AMD FX-8350 bottleneck a GTX 1070? I'm thinking about upgrading at some point and i want to know how to get the most bang for my buck without bottlenecking but also without replacing the cpu.
only worth getting the 1070 if you got like a 6600k, which is what I got, and which is pretty much what you want to have if you're getting the card.

Ok, so I maaaaaay have uh... broke the headphone jack on my $100 dollar case. Tried fixing it, the metal piece popped out again. I almost never use the microphone jack, so could I hypothetically reconfigure the pins on the motherboard to use the microphone jack as a headphone jack?

Edit: Never mind, I just repurposed it using Realtek. It's a solid connector anyway so no way I could have changed things around.
can't you use the motherboard headphone jack?

Not all headphones can reach that far back

I frequently switch between headphones and speakers and it's an intense pain to get back among that clump of wires and plug headphones in.

Try a audio jack to usb converter

Try a audio jack to usb converter
I just used drivers to switch the microphone jack to an audio jack.

would an AMD FX-8350 bottleneck a GTX 1070?
i have an fx-8320 overclocked past the 8350's stock clock and i still only get 30% out of my 1070 before the CPU bottlenecks

so yes

Do you guys know any good (or amazing) Razer mice that costs preferably under 80 dollars, that has chroma and wave effect? I'd really like one with the wave so that;

A: All the colors actually gets used instead of it being on 1 color forever
B: So it'll match the DeathStalker Chroma, which I'll also keep on the wave setting

thx guise

Oh and the mouse must have the back / forward buttons for my thumb and it has to be decently sized plz (no smaller than 4 inches, I'm a palm gripper dude)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:15:42 PM by Insert Name Here² »