[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310778 times)

Is xeon is exactly the same as in i7 except for the intergrated graphics, right?
Or is there a difference I dont know?

I'm looking at the budget entry level card "GTX 1060 6gb" for my gaming needs. I'm trying to play the latest games on at least low settings, will that card work?

Is xeon is exactly the same as in i7 except for the intergrated graphics, right?
Or is there a difference I dont know?

there's differences

I'm looking at the budget entry level card "GTX 1060 6gb" for my gaming needs. I'm trying to play the latest games on at least low settings, will that card work?
That would work amazingly

Would it run Fallout 4 or Civ 6?
Easily, as long as you have a decent cpu

Easily, as long as you have a decent cpu
Right now I have a 2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920, I don't plan on upgrading that but I need a new power supply to charge the GTX 1060

Yeah that i7 should be able to handle it really well. I've seen test videos of the i7 in the 700s series for modern gaming and those were amazing for their age, you should be fine

Yeah that i7 should be able to handle it really well. I've seen test videos of the i7 in the 700s series for modern gaming and those were amazing for their age, you should be fine
i7s in the x700s are NOT THE SAME as the i7s in the 9xx range.  The difference is that the 9xx range is the actual first generation of i7, named Nehalem, and the only ones in that generation that are 700s are i5s.

They will probably handle it well enough possibly.  I have no guarantee it will run great, I actually had an i7 930 myself a while ago and upgraded to Haswell and the performance gain in anything that was CPU intensive was noticeable (which for the most part was any Total War battle with lots of units and city pathfinding, large city battles were essentially slideshows because the CPU struggled to keep up but still going 40+ FPS).  As for anything else that wasn't super intensive on real time AI, it was decent at best.

Overclocking it properly will help greatly, my old EVGA X58 SLI LE mobo with that 930 CPU had a great "dummy OC" feature that just overclocked it automatically for you to 3.2 GHz and it ran great (but hot, they're on 45nm silicon which is a little less than 3 times as big as current silicon).

bruh
even the rx460 or something will do that for you but if youre looking to max out settings, the 1060 will do the job.

Being a user of a GTX 1060 Founder's Edition, it runs quite nicely on games that take advantage of it's features and such. It's a great all-around card for my uses.
In fact, I plan on getting a 4K TV soon so I have a nice and big resolution to work with on my PC instead of this 1360x768 crap. I know my GPU may be more for 1080p, but if the games I play really get an FPS drop then I'll just run them in windowed mode with a resolution of 1920x1080.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 06:26:35 AM by Mr Queeba »

Looking for a desktop build that could run GTA V on slightly better settings than Xbox does
Budget is $650, how good of a desktop would that get?

Your average i5 or amd quadcore with an rx 460 and above will probably do if you want to play gta v
Gta v is optimized so good

You could squeeze in an Rx470 if you wanted as well

Looking for a desktop build that could run GTA V on slightly better settings than Xbox does
Budget is $650, how good of a desktop would that get?
This should run GTA V at 1080p 60 FPS high setting: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Chipskate/saved/ZVRkLk
That's with an SSD + HDD and a Windows license, if you already have a license key you could upgrade to an RX470 even.