[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310721 times)

swap out that Corsair power supply for an EVGA, never, never trust their power supply's.
You don't know what you're talking about, stop spreading FUD. The CX450M I picked is far superior to anything EVGA has to offer in the same price class.

You don't know what you're talking about, stop spreading FUD. The CX450M I picked is far superior to anything EVGA has to offer in the same price class.
what I'm talking about is Corsair power supplies are most prone to stuffting out, sometimes you get a good one, others you get a bad one, most of the time a lot of people tend to get bad ones.

My RM850 was loving up my build big time and when I replaced it with an EVGA a lot of the issues I was having prior went away.

Where have you heard that exactly? Corsair is one of the better companies when it comes to return rates. Just because you've owned one bad product from a series with known issues doesn't mean all their products are bad, especially since their PSU department got a new product manager.

Never had trouble with my corsair PSU, just like 99% of the people who bought a PSU from corsair.

Where have you heard that exactly? Corsair is one of the better companies when it comes to return rates. Just because you've owned one bad product from a series with known issues doesn't mean all their products are bad, especially since their PSU department got a new product manager.
well I also bought their RAM which one of two sticks was bad so

not saying they're a bad company with bad products, I've just seen a lot more incidents of their customers receiving defective products, and not to mention when my Corsair Raptor's died on me out of the blue they refused an RMA.

Oh yeah and when I removed pretty much every Corsair product from my comp due to it's crashing/BSOD's everything was fixed. They make good peripherals, but I wouldn't trust their hardware.

Corsair is sort of known for its RAM RMA rates in comparison to other brands, but it's still pretty low. I'm a G.Skill fanboy. As for Corsair's power supplies I'm under the impression they're good but I haven't looked in to it. I actually went out on a limb and bought a Rosewill PSU to give them a shot.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:36:24 PM by Steve5451² »

So I spent a few days making 2 more lists for what I'd get for when I build my gaming pc + setup. It's 3 lists, 1 for the best performance I can get, the 2nd one for a slightly lower performance but still pretty good, and a 3rd one for quite a budget build but as best performance I can get for it's cost. Basically just me future proofing things.

Click the images to view the full sizes of them. First image is the i7 build, second image is the i5, third is the i3.

Dont get a pascal gpu since it only emulates DX12

Im not getting windows 10 so that isn't a problem at all

where the hell do you get this information? stop trying to mislead people.

where the hell do you get this information? stop trying to mislead people.
Google is my source
Im not getting windows 10 so that isn't a problem at all
>not using windows 10
>not wanting dx12
You dissapoint me

Ey I'm more of a fan of Win 8.1 and iirc the only noticable difference between dx11 and dx12 is just a few more frames added

Plus I only play like 2-3 games that would even support it, so it's a non-issue to me. Plus I'm willing to compromise

Ey I'm more of a fan of Win 8.1 and iirc the only noticable difference between dx11 and dx12 is just a few more frames added

Plus I only play like 2-3 games that would even support it, so it's a non-issue to me. Plus I'm willing to compromise

Either way don't be afraid to upgrade if it comes solely down to espio's handicapped delusional fabrications.