[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310643 times)

This should run GTA V at 1080p 60 FPS high setting: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Chipskate/saved/ZVRkLk
That's with an SSD + HDD and a Windows license, if you already have a license key you could upgrade to an RX470 even.
thanks
will send to my coworker and hopefully he'll play games instead of being lame and only doing xbox things

What would be the best intel CPU to handle a 1070 for a decent price? i5-6600k?

Why dont we use GPU's as CPU's already?
I mean yeah GPU cores arent as fast as a CPU core but you have a stuffton of them
And I looked up how many FLOPS my GPU has compared to a CPU and thats a buttforget ton more.

So why dont we make a GPU but with CPU architecture? And use it as a CPU ofcourse.

My 960 has like 2.3 TFLOPS and my i5-4430 has like 13.80 GFLOPS
I mean, thats allot more.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:53:10 AM by Foxscotch »

http://superuser.com/a/308779 (other answers here also useful)
But the flops are still higher
so it can do more calculations
Wich a CPU does

Rendering videos/3D stuff with CUDA/OpenGL is allot faster than rendering with a CPU and they both have to do the same job.

But the flops are still higher
so it can do more calculations
Wich a CPU does
Rendering videos/3D stuff with CUDA/OpenGL is allot faster than rendering with a CPU and they both have to do the same job.
so you just didn't read that page then. why even bother asking if you don't care about the answer?

so you just didn't read that page then. why even bother asking if you don't care about the answer?
I read the first paragraph
I cant read
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:51:10 PM by espio100 »

thanks
will send to my coworker and hopefully he'll play games instead of being lame and only doing xbox things
swap out that Corsair power supply for an EVGA, never, never trust their power supply's.

Why dont we use GPU's as CPU's already?
I mean yeah GPU cores arent as fast as a CPU core but you have a stuffton of them
And I looked up how many FLOPS my GPU has compared to a CPU and thats a buttforget ton more.

So why dont we make a GPU but with CPU architecture? And use it as a CPU ofcourse.

My 960 has like 2.3 TFLOPS and my i5-4430 has like 13.80 GFLOPS
I mean, thats allot more.

GPUs do math. They are good at one very specific thing, Floating point numbers. That's it. There is so much more to a CPU than math.
You are comparing the one thing GPUs are designed to do very well with one thing that a CPU also happens to do, among many other things.
the p in flops actually stands for per if you want to be picky
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:58:45 PM by Steve5451² »

so i currently have this rig that i built since a few days ago:

i seem to have a decent rig altogether but the cpu is so heated up (it goes from 65°C to about 80°C after we installed the fan) it's kinda scaring me, and i'm getting blue screens (i don't know if this counts but some say it's "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" and "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT") here and there and some windows that screw up

we just bought a CPU cooler a few days ago and not even that cools the CPU up

is there a way to solve this issue?

so i currently have this rig that i built since a few days ago:

i seem to have a decent rig altogether but the cpu is so heated up (it goes from 65°C to about 80°C after we installed the fan) it's kinda scaring me, and i'm getting blue screens (i don't know if this counts but some say it's "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" and "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT") here and there and some windows that screw up

we just bought a CPU cooler a few days ago and not even that cools the CPU up

is there a way to solve this issue?
no joke, it sounds stupid, but I'm dead serious, take out your RAM and use one stick at a time, there's a chance one of them is poop and is affecting the rest of your system.

Used to have game crashes all the time and random blue screens for no reason, co-worker then told me to take out all my RAM and put one stick in at a time and in different slots each time, so I got home, took out one of the sticks and moved the other over, and nothing since.

there's a chance one of them is poop and is affecting the rest of your system.

i had that theory back then because they are PNY brand and i'd predict they would be absolute stuff

but in general is that the reason why my cpu is heated so much? because it has something to do with my RAM? or does it not matter and the CPU is therefore still fine and etc?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:12:25 PM by Timestamp »

It could need some new thermal paste / compound, or maybe a higher-end cooler. Worst case scenario though, is that your CPU may be going out

It could need some new thermal paste / compound, or maybe a higher-end cooler. Worst case scenario though, is that your CPU may be going out
this could be it, as annoying as dealing with thermal paste is you might want to re-apply some.

i had that theory back then because they are PNY brand and i'd predict they would be absolute stuff

but in general is that the reason why my cpu is heated so much? because it has something to do with my RAM? or does it not matter and the CPU is therefore still fine and etc?
well the RAM thing should fix your random BSOD, not your CPU's temp, but it's worth a try before having to deal with thermal paste bullstuff

Worst case scenario though, is that your CPU may be going out

i just bought this processor a few days ago though...it shouldn't go out that fast

It could need some new thermal paste / compound, or maybe a higher-end cooler

i'll reconsider that issue though

this could be it, as annoying as dealing with thermal paste is you might want to re-apply some.
well the RAM thing should fix your random BSOD, not your CPU's temp, but it's worth a try before having to deal with thermal paste bullstuff

thanks, i'll try the RAM thing first because i think the main issue that i'm getting forgeted up windows and crashes, "x is not responding" game/software crashes for example is the forgeted up RAM

if it doesn't work i'll just try to get better RAM online lol, shopped for the sticks in a best buy

worst mistake ever