[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310845 times)

Woot, finally got a good PSU. I'm borrowing my friend's GTX 560 until I can buy a GTX 660ti

This case has absolutely amazing cable management options, CPU power plug cutout, PSU cable cutout, giant hole near the front for all the cables, plus holes under the motherboard that fit the USB and front IO connectors, super love

Next things to upgrade aside from the 660ti, are an i5 3470, ARCTC Alpine 11 Pro Rev 2 cooler, 120mm and 80mm ARCTIC case fans since current ones are pretty loud and ehh quality, another 120mm ARCTIC fan to replace my PSU's loud ass fan, and that's it tower wise.

Ignore the out of focus look, forgot to adjust camera's focus to macro and I took these in a hurry

Here's my PcPartPicker list

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YjRTHh

If you're looking for a super budget and compact case, I recommend this 100%. loving breeze to work in, even with an OEM power supply and stuff, even the 120mm front fan has a molex connector just incase. Plenty mouting places for storage devices, cable management is awesome too. Only 26 bucks if not less.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:35:28 AM by Insert Name Here² »

I changed the APU, PSU, and RAM with the suggestions.

I changed the APU, PSU, and RAM with the suggestions.
Looks like you still have the 2400 ram, did you mean to keep it at that?

well for four more dollars he can get a huge upgrade.
Do this switch that $4 extra will be worth it.

Looks like you still have the 2400 ram, did you mean to keep it at that?Do this switch that $4 extra will be worth it.
forgot to save it

did a little spring cleanin' n wire management

GPUs out n dusted

drives same tbh

case fans removed and cleaned as well x3, they had gotten a bit gruesome :s

wires managed better, the front two fans were routed in front of the gpus before, tagged the sata cables for luls

stuff back in place, front fan wires hidden behind the mobo

back fan runs straight to this pin, best i could do here

babies in the crib

almost forgot the worlds ugliest bridge

old case without a PSU shroud, so the wires are a mess here

sata cables are kinda meh too

memories buried deep within

front n back, meh glossy finish on the door and some funky holes for a external radiator in the back

it's much better than when i started, in hindsight i should have taken pics of the mess before hand too

What do when you want to upgrade your pc but you still have a 1150 socket without practically buying a new pc?

What do when you want to upgrade your pc but you still have a 1150 socket without practically buying a new pc?
Cry then save up until you have enough for a new socket (which usually means a brand new computer).

Cry then save up until you have enough for a new socket (which usually means a brand new computer).
Money isnt a problem.
DDR4 isn't just worth it and they dont sell 1150 cpu's anymore (except second hand)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:36:00 PM by espio100 »

1150 is perfectly fine for today, just upgrade to an i7 4790k and use some 1600mhz or higher DDR3 ram

1150 is perfectly fine for today, just upgrade to an i7 4790k and use some 1600mhz or higher DDR3 ram
They dont sell 1150 cpu's anymore (except second hand)

There's nothing wrong with second hand / used parts, if anything, they're better since way cheaper

There's nothing wrong with second hand / used parts, if anything, they're better since way cheaper
Well don't get second hand PSU for safety reasons.

Well don't get second hand PSU for safety reasons.
No duh that's obvious lol

Other hardware though, like processors, ram, graphics card, optical drives, maybe fans, maybe hard drives, cases, monitors, all those are loving great to get second hand

Decided on a storage upgrade

And 4TB is cheap enough. Can't decide on a Seagate Barracude or a WD blue.
The seagate spins slightly faster and is a lil bit cheaper but apparently has higher failure rates.
Also seagate ironwolves are a thing and I have no clue whats the difference.

Wat do?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:24:41 PM by espio100 »