[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310894 times)

$20-40 extra on a $554 computer is pretty significant

20-40 extra for some extra oemph is a steal
There isn't any extra "oomph" though, due to the games I play not needing more than 2gb. There is zero performance difference. Just like the difference between 8gb ram and 16gb ram when all you need is 8gb, there is zero difference

The 2gb 960 is perfect for my needs and the games I play. If I needed the 4gb, I'd get it, but I don't.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:35:30 PM by Insert Name Here² »

There isn't any extra "oomph" though, due to the games I play not needing more than 2gb. There is zero performance difference. Just like the difference between 8gb ram and 16gb ram when all you need is 8gb, there is zero difference

The 2gb 960 is perfect for my needs and the games I play. If I needed the 4gb, I'd get it, but I don't.
TBH I would wait to buy a GPU, gpu prices are absolute dogstuff right now.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W06V14017&cm_re=msi_1080_ti-_-14-137-113-_-Product
I bought this card in August for $730. Even then, it was a little bit inflated in price. Now the same card costs nearly $500 more than when I bought it. The effect is most pronounced on higher end cards, but still, you're really not going to be getting a great price on a GPU at the current moment because of miners.

TBH I would wait to buy a GPU, gpu prices are absolute dogstuff right now.
That's why I'm getting it used from r/hardwareswap lol

On that subreddit 2gb 960 cards go from 80 - 110

INH have you ever used sites like offerup or letgo? you can find some good deals on parts if you look hard enough

INH have you ever used sites like offerup or letgo? you can find some good deals on parts if you look hard enough
Yeah but I'd rather use hardwareswap so I can ask for a specific card at a specific price, and be able to talk with the seller and such without any hassle, and know if they actually tested it or not

$40 isnt even half a day of work

And idk maybe you do some rendering with high quality textures or some stuff.
But ey you do you

$40 isnt even half a day of work
I'm on a budget of less than 600 which includes the entire pc, peripherals, monitor, and desk lmao

I'm getting what I feel would be the best for my budget and usage, which is what the list has

The games I play don't warrant a 2gb variant of the card, especially when they go for 20-40+ more dollars for it.

Don't exaggerate how bad you're making the 2gb sound, it's perfectly fine as long as I don't play the most hard-core demanding AAA games on ultra lol

You might as well future proof your PC. Thats what I did with mine and I can still play games at high settings and my computer is 5 years old now

You might as well future proof your PC. Thats what I did with mine and I can still play games at high settings and my computer is 5 years old now
I'm not made of money

Plus even if I somehow do want to play a AAA game, I'm fine with lower settings and no AA, I don't care at all as long as it's above 30fps

Unless if Red Dead Redemption 2 comes onto PC, I don't plan on playing any AAA games aside from GTA V, but that game will easily be near maxxed out on the specs I'm getting

I'll definitely upgrade it later down the line to future proof it, but the parts I'm going with will be enough to hold me for the next few years before upgrading, after I get this pc and setup out of the way, I need a new phone + plan, along with helping my dad out too

I'm a really low-spec gamer so the current setup I'll buy is like a i7 and 1080ti to anyone else, I'd even play on a GeForce 9800 GTX+ and a Core 2 Quad and be 100% fine with it, since that'll easily play the games I want to play

ik what you guys are saying though and I'll definitely be upgrading in the future, just for now and for a year or two, the list I have is more than great
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:37:17 PM by Insert Name Here² »

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 04:44:48 PM by espio100 »

Don't you hate it when you're using PcPartPicker and the part you want to select doesn't have any pictures?

smh

yall probs dont care but oh well

I changed the cooler on the list, instead of what was previously listed, I'll be going with a Raijintek - Aidos Black cooler, and I'll change out the fan with the Arctic F9 PWM Rev. 2.

Main reason being the stock fan is not of good quality when compared to the Arctic one. The included fan is a 1000-2200RPM sleeve bearing type, which isn't great at all, and is kind of a louder fan. The Arctic fan is a fluid dynamic-bearing 550 - 1800RPM fan, with the same amount of CFM while being higher quality and matching my color scheme

So ye

I want to build a gaming PC that can reach 30FPS at medium settings in 1080p for under $700. After talking to a friend we came up with this and I want feedback on it. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y8Knm8
Depending on how things play out I might be able to get a used GTX 960 as a GPU instead though.

Since I'm living with my step-grandparents now, they have a metric forgetton of tools and spray paint. Soooooo, since I didn't like the color of my motherboard's PCIe slot, I decided to paint it black!

Masked it off and inserted wads of paper into the slot itself and such, and it looks loving amazing now

It looks slightly off through the picture, but in person it looks near perfect in color, matches the ram too