[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310946 times)

New monitor

Im sorry for the eye bleeding image quality but this is the best I can do

if you did control+alt+→ it would be a smartphone screen

For Christmas I was given a budget of $250. I'm looking to replace my motherboard, cpu, and GPU. My current setup is a Midtower case with a Kam1 motherboard (am1 socket), AMD 5350, and it's integrated gpu. I'm looking to replace all of those + RAM (because the Kam1 uses DDR3 and most of the cpus I looked at use DDR4).
This was recommended by a friend.
I'm not an expert on any of this, so if anybody has recommendations for change here or etc, I'll be really thankful.
I can stretch my budget to $290 max including shipping.
this is great, except scratch the RX 550 and go for the GT 1030. The GT 1030 is 10-20 dollars cheaper than the RX 550, and performs the same if not better than it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NMTZM8
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 04:01:27 PM by Insert Name Here² »

thank you very much.
Secondary question though, regarding Nvidia. I'm fine with going back up to my $30 over-limit budget, would the GTX 1050 be okay for that? If not, I'll stick to the one you suggested. Just curious anyways.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:39:22 PM by Doctor Disco »

thank you very much.
Secondary question though, regarding Nvidia. I'm fine with going back up to my $30 over-limit budget, would the GTX 1050 be okay for that? If not, I'll stick to the one you suggested. Just curious anyways.
If you can get the 1050, go for it. It's a great card!

If you can get the 1050, go for it. It's a great card!

I was gonna. $84

And then the sale ended and it jumped to $104

eeeeeeeeeee

I was gonna. $84

And then the sale ended and it jumped to $104

eeeeeeeeeee
kek

Get a GT 1030 with one of the active coolers, like the MSI or Gigabyte ones, and just OC it

This EVGA one is on sale for 63.99 and it has an active cooler, downside is it uses 2 DVI connectors, no display port or HDMI. If you're fine with that though, this would be a great deal
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:19:29 PM by Insert Name Here² »

New monitor

Im sorry for the eye bleeding image quality but this is the best I can do
yo is that keyboard a steelseries apex
i used to use one, still have it lying around

what computer parts do you guys plan on getting this christmas season?

ew fx but it's okay

what was ur previous pc

woot

messaged a dude on Reddit, am gonna get an EVGA GTX 660ti SC+ 3gb for only $75, it's gonna be kickass

woot

messaged a dude on Reddit, am gonna get an EVGA GTX 660ti SC+ 3gb for only $75, it's gonna be kickass
i once bought a 670 at a thrift store for $50, then sold it online for 80. ez mone