[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310892 times)

I read at first that you painted the whole board and almost had an aneurysm

why would you change the color of your pcie

I read at first that you painted the whole board and almost had an aneurysm
Lmao

why would you change the color of your pcie
Didn't like the color of it before

<PciE slot literally combusts in flames

what intel equivalent is the ryzen 5 1400? thinking about the ryzen for a new pc but just curious.

what intel equivalent is the ryzen 5 1400? thinking about the ryzen for a new pc but just curious.
About a i5-6400

I have a €50 gift card from the local tech store and they dont sell anything I want besides overpriced powerbanks

What do?

buy an overpriced powerbank or start liking something else

I replaced the old Logysis PSU in my step grandparent's computer with a new Corsair VS450

It's so much better now and it doesn't sound like a loving blender

I did have to use a demel and cut off 4 pins from the 8 pin CPU plug to make it fit, but it works 100% fine lmao

Don't buy a Ryzen 5 until the benchmark embargo has been lifted from the new Ryzen APUs. They're supposedly going to be more powerful for the same price range and also have a build in GPU which might perform pretty well for it's "size." These are being released on the 12th so wait till then to decide. This isn't affecting the Ryzen 7 as they aren't releasing any Ryzen 7 APUs from what I've read.

I did have to use a demel and cut off 4 pins from the 8 pin CPU plug to make it fit, but it works 100% fine lmao

shouldn't the eps 8pin 12v cable fit in an atx 4 pin 12v plug just, you know without cutting? :s

shouldn't the eps 8pin 12v cable fit in an atx 4 pin 12v plug just, you know without cutting? :s
There was a transistor on the mobo right next to the cpu plug so it wouldnt fit without me cutting it

There was a transistor on the mobo right next to the cpu plug so it wouldnt fit without me cutting it

ah, i couldn't see on the pics, shame

[img ]https://support.hp.com/doc-images/617/c01324214.jpg[/img]

ah, i couldn't see on the pics, shame
kek

but yeh I just used a dremel to cut off the 4 other pins and it works flawlessly so ye

Since I'm living with my step-grandparents now, they have a metric forgetton of tools and spray paint. Soooooo, since I didn't like the color of my motherboard's PCIe slot, I decided to paint it black!

Masked it off and inserted wads of paper into the slot itself and such, and it looks loving amazing now

It looks slightly off through the picture, but in person it looks near perfect in color, matches the ram too
but does it work