[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310987 times)

i once bought a 670 at a thrift store for $50, then sold it online for 80. ez mone
lucky forget lol

no longer using a toaster

fahrenheit >>>>>>>>> celsius because im a stupid loving american

Which mouse should i get to become a pro wow player

stay away from logitech and razer

razer is overpriced and has crazy software to go along with it, and logitech uses subpar switches inside the mouse

think cheap and well rated not expensive and well rated

fahrenheit >>>>>>>>> celsius because im a stupid loving american
but you'll just have to convert to celsius anyway when you look up the temperature ranges for it lol

but you'll just have to convert to celsius anyway when you look up the temperature ranges for it lol
foiled again by europeans and the rest of the world

which is better, a ryzen 7 1800x or an intel i7-7700k

ryzen 7 if you're a streamer/video editor, i7 if you want a few extra fps in games

what if I plan on using shadowplay to get some clips to post online

I don't stream

okay let me clarify, this is going to be a gaming pc and a pc for music production, and I may use shadowplay to make some dark souls fight montages

intel processors are always good for pretty much anything as it is considered a high end processor really. if you're doing any video editing though that's a big bonus for you to get a processor that's intel and i7-specific.

ryzens are probably as powerful, if not, slightly less powerful than an intel so to say. still quite beefy though and probably less expensive than intel i7.

here's a chart i looked up after a google search to check if what i said is accurate enough:

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X/3647vs3916

don't ever get FXs though unless if ur that poor

okay let me clarify, this is going to be a gaming pc and a pc for music production, and I may use shadowplay to make some dark souls fight montages

i still stand by my point, ryzen doesn't really cost an arm and leg, don't know what your take is on playing big games like GTA 5 though or anything else on the matter.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:51:43 AM by Køtt »

it's gonna be for gaming so ideally it should be able to play anything

I looked at the same benchmark but I saw that the 7700k had 4 cores and the 1800x had 8 so I thought I'd ask before I removed the 1800x from my build list

did you check the ryzen threadrippers? they probably have 8 or 16 cores in them.

here's a 16 core one that's like a thousand dollarrs, not suggesting you to buy it. just wanted you to look at the specs

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113447