[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311289 times)

how about an 8600k? it's cheaper than the 7700k and has two additional cores

What do you guys think of this build? Should I change anything to make it cheaper? Are there better options?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jJqkCy

personally it seems fine to me.

you should do something about the RAM sticks actually, now that i think about it. up it up to like, maybe 8 or 16 GB?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:03:22 PM by Køtt »

Looks breddy gud, why the 250 GB hard drive tho?

I thought that was an SSD.

Dream video card right here, am gonna try to get one from /r/Hardwareswap when I get the money (70-80 dolla budget tho)

your dream is a 760?
Yep, since that specific card looks really good, and I'm on a budget of anything less than 70 bucks for a video card. Aka, 760 territory

so for cryptonight mining, is it better to get like 4 super gpus, or 10 minor/cheaper gpus. assuming the budget would be the same either way.

so for cryptonight mining, is it better to get like 4 super gpus, or 10 minor/cheaper gpus. assuming the budget would be the same either way.
Just calculate flops/price and figure which is cheaper.

depends on the coin
some are able to use ASIC's

None so that you don't help inflate the prices of GPUs even more.