Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310071 times)

FX-6300
FX-8120

let's just say I do tons of compiling, multitasking and playing several games at once. which one would be better for me?
It's a low end 8 core vs higher end 6 core. I would say go for the 6300 because price/performance ratio is better and it doesn't sound like you're doing that much to necessitate 8 physical cores

It's a low end 8 core vs higher end 6 core. I would say go for the 6300 because price/performance ratio is better and it doesn't sound like you're doing that much to necessitate 8 physical cores
alright. would it be worth spending about 20$ more for the 6350 instead of getting the 6300? or is the difference slight? trying to get the most performance possible and wouldn't mind spending a little more

I'm planning on upgrading my computer soon, I plan on getting a new CPU and GPU.

I'm thinking of going with somewhere around the $400~ price range in total.
So far I'm considering:

FX-8320

and

GeForce GTX 760
for $420~
Going with these unless someone has a better idea? (I'm sticking with an Nvidia card)

what stuff are you going to be doing? you don't really need an 8 core cpu if youre just playing games, but if you are doing like intensive video editing then yes thats a good choice

what stuff are you going to be doing? you don't really need an 8 core cpu if youre just playing games, but if you are doing like intensive video editing then yes thats a good choice

I'm aware I don't need it per se, however I do quite a bit of multitasking and 4 cores even gets drawn to it's limit and I start to lag. Not to mention the price difference between a 6 and 8 core is pretty small so to me it made more sense to just go for the 8 core.

However, multitasking aside, I'd just be gaming, which really I don't even need a 6 core for.

Christmas is coming up, I think I should upgrade something here:

[im g]http://i.imgur.com/qOG5PDs.png[/img]

you have no ram

I'm aware I don't need it per se, however I do quite a bit of multitasking and 4 cores even gets drawn to it's limit and I start to lag. Not to mention the price difference between a 6 and 8 core is pretty small so to me it made more sense to just go for the 8 core.

However, multitasking aside, I'd just be gaming, which really I don't even need a 6 core for.

by multitasking what exactly do you mean? if you just like keep open multiple games at once, have dozens of tabs open in your browser, 5 files opened in ms word, more cores wont really help you, as most applications only utilize 1,2 or 4 cores

by multitasking what exactly do you mean? if you just like keep open multiple games at once, have dozens of tabs open in your browser, 5 files opened in ms word, more cores wont really help you, as most applications only utilize 1,2 or 4 cores

I meant as far as running a server while also web surfing/watching videos and using spotify while playing a game that would require my CPU to not be doing anything not too intensive to play without a huge fps drop.

your memory is disgustingly slow!

1333mhz ram is a bit outdated, I mean an upgrade to 1886 or even 2133 wouldnt hurt

alright. would it be worth spending about 20$ more for the 6350 instead of getting the 6300? or is the difference slight? trying to get the most performance possible and wouldn't mind spending a little more
"Trying to get the most performance possible and wouldn't mind spending a little more" usually means you should get an intel processor. If you still want amd because of your motherboard or whatever, I would recommend you spend the extra $20 on a nice aftermarket cpu cooler and overclock the 6300 yourself, much more worth it

thats a bit of a problem with hardware and upgrading people have. we are so use to just wanting more ram, but 8g is more then enough for anyones need. and its very very cheap to have 8gigs of ddr3.

the trick is to have FAST ram. that can get spendy though. but its more noticeable then having 32gigs of it installed.

1333mhz ram is a bit outdated, I mean an upgrade to 1886 or even 2133 wouldnt hurt

Not outdated. Yes it's slow, but it's extremely common in laptops, even in some high end ones.