Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1322338 times)

This is a good option.
Thanks, i'll try it.

Also:

Windows Backup skipped D:\ because is it on corrupted drive D:\.
Windows Backup skipped D:\Users\Michael \Desktop because is it on corrupted drive D:\.
Windows Backup skipped D:\Users\Michael \Documents because is it on corrupted drive D:\.
Windows Backup skipped D:\Users\Michael \Music because is it on corrupted drive D:\.
Windows Backup skipped D:\Users\Michael \Documents because is it on corrupted drive D:\.
Windows Backup skipped D:\Users\Michael \Pictures because is it on corrupted drive D:\.
Windows Backup skipped D:\Users\Michael \Videos because is it on corrupted drive D:\.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?

I'm still on the fence for what parts I should upgrade first. What do you guys recommend?
that RAM speed is super low

is this good
im going to get starbound and im all set for the recommended part but the RAM it needs is 4gb, is this a good one?

That's fine, but you'll need to look up the specifications of your laptop to be certain it supports that much ram, ddr3, and the 1333 frequency.

Dual Channel
667 x 2
You're right but you used the wrong words. The ones you're looking for are double data rate (ex. DDR3). It sends information on both the rising and falling edge of the digital clock signal, 2x more than just sending it on the rising edge of a cycle. Dual channel refers to the bandwidth of memory. If your cpu/motherboard has an appropriate memory controller for multiple memory module (and most do), a second ram channel will allow for both sticks to send information at the same rate, but at twice the bandwidth

should i get a non ref r9 290 or spend ~£100 more and get a non reference r9 290x?

should i get a non ref r9 290 or spend ~£100 more and get a non reference r9 290x?

Go here > http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-290-review-benchmark,3659-5.html

Start looking through the benchmarks and decide for yourself if you are willing to spend the money.

IMO I think the FPS increase is not enough to justify the price differential. I would buy the 290.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?
Run chkdsk /r on drive D. This may take up to several hours depending on the drive speed and size.

I'm thinking about replacing my video card, and I'd like to get some advice from you guys.
I currently have a GTS250 (1Gb version), which is starting to struggle in some newer games.

This is what I have besides the graphics card:
Mobo: ASUS P5KPL/1600 (PCI-E 1.1, two 16x slots, speed similar to PCI-E 2.0 x8 or 3.0 x4)
Processor: Intel Xeon X3350 (actually a rebranded Q9450) @ 2.9 GHz (will hopefully be overclocked further to 3.2 once I get a better cooler)
RAM: 4Gb (2x2Gb) DDR2-800 @ 880MHz (have been run at ~1000MHz before without issues)
PSU: ACE -something-, 620W (don't know what leads it has, though I assume I can get an adapter if I have to)

I've been thinking about getting either a GTX660 or a 760, but I don't know how well they fare against AMD's cards. Here's the prices at the computer store I'll be buying it from:

GTX660 2Gb: $226 - $245
GTX760 2Gb: $329 - $360
R7 260X 2Gb: $217
R9 270 2Gb: $251 - $271
R9 270X 2Gb: $264 - $308 (4Gb version)

Any thoughts?

Go here > http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-290-review-benchmark,3659-5.html

Start looking through the benchmarks and decide for yourself if you are willing to spend the money.

IMO I think the FPS increase is not enough to justify the price differential. I would buy the 290.
I think you should shy away from the 290 series for right now. There are several vendor cooling solutions announced that you cannot purchase yet. On top of that, because of the rampant demand for the cards vendors have jacked the prices up. I would recommend waiting until the new stuff is introduced and the price settles, keep in mind that the board itself sells from AMD for $400 and $550, respectively

Are you able to plug in a sata III SSD in to a sata 6gb/s port? Since i'm having trouble finding the perfect mobo for my new computer.

Are you able to plug in a sata III SSD in to a sata 6gb/s port? Since i'm having trouble finding the perfect mobo for my new computer.

SATA 6Gb/s is SATA III, 3Gb/s is SATA II. At least as far as I know

Hi.

I have an ATI Raedon HD 5800 Series Graphics card, and I'm looking for an upgrade.

I found a site, and I want to know what would be a respectable upgrade.

(Site: http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=c&p=video_cards)

I think you should shy away from the 290 series for right now. There are several vendor cooling solutions announced that you cannot purchase yet. On top of that, because of the rampant demand for the cards vendors have jacked the prices up. I would recommend waiting until the new stuff is introduced and the price settles, keep in mind that the board itself sells from AMD for $400 and $550, respectively

Right. I wouldn't buy the 290 and up as of the moment either. Simply stating that the price difference from the 290 to the 290x is not justifiable :)