[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310628 times)

Hey guys, I'm starting to get into this thread more now. I was just wondering if a GTX 740 was a good GPU? Its got 2GB of DDR4. It's on sale at best buy for $90, and I think its worth it. All I really play is Blockland and Euro Truck Simulator 2

it's not a good gpu for this day and age and the amount of ram doesn't make a card better

ok help

My mom's laptop won't boot
I can't get into BIOS to mess with boot order, I turn it on, it flashes the Samsung logo for like .1 seconds then immediately says "reboot and select boot device or insert boot media in selected drive and press a key"

ok nevermind i just held a bunch of f keys while booting

How did you not notice you were pressing lots of function keys at a time?

anybody else having issues with the 355.60 nvidia driver crashing for no reason?

anybody else having issues with the 355.60 nvidia driver crashing for no reason?

If that's the latest version then no.

Hey guys, I'm starting to get into this thread more now. I was just wondering if a GTX 740 was a good GPU? Its got 2GB of DDR4. It's on sale at best buy for $90, and I think its worth it. All I really play is Blockland and Euro Truck Simulator 2
For the cost of the GPU, you might as well spend the extra $30 and get a 750ti (people still recommend that right?)

Still great price to performance ratio.

My roommate likes to keep our dorm room thermostat at 67 F...

i used to hit 3c on my old processor
now i hit 8c lol

the exhaust of my computer is that of a hairdryer
my room has hit 90f before just because of it
the rest of the house is still 72 and my room is 90

i used to hit 3c on my old processor
now i hit 8c lol

the exhaust of my computer is that of a hairdryer
my room has hit 90f before just because of it
the rest of the house is still 72 and my room is 90
What cooling do you have?

it was the stock cooler on the old one
my new one has a dual 120 setup

it was the stock cooler on the old one
my new one has a dual 120 setup
So... you're saying a fan cooled your processor below the ambient temperature of the room?

You do know how heat works, yeah?

call bullstuff on the processors thermometer then
it read 3c
mine still goes below room temperature with only fans on this new setup

call bullstuff on the processors thermometer then
it read 3c
mine still goes below room temperature with only fans on this new setup
Literally impossible. We've gone over this on the thread before... A fan is just moving heat away from your processor, its not cooling in the sense that it could ever go below ambient.