[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309624 times)

Its valid tough
If you go below 80+ bronze you might as well throw it in the trashcan

:/

Let me rephrase my question. Whats the difference between a white certification and other certifications like bronze, silver, gold, etc. I'd like an actual explanation too, not "lol it means ur pc wont blow up hur" because, yeah NO stuff captain obvious, lmao

Here's a list of all the certifications.

"White" is probably the very first level, which means it's 3-5% less efficient than a bronze, 5-8% less efficient than a silver, and 7-10% less efficient than a gold.

You also couldve googled it but it means their efficiency
White being being the least efficient and platinum the most

Here's a list of all the certifications.

"White" is probably the very first level, which means it's 3-5% less efficient than a bronze, 5-8% less efficient than a silver, and 7-10% less efficient than a gold.
Ey alright thanks

You also couldve googled it but it means their efficiency
White being being the least efficient and platinum the most
Actually, titanium is the most efficient, with up to 96% efficiency in the EU and 94% in the US. But good luck finding one for a resonable price.

I even didnt knew titanium was a thing
Neato

thinking about making my own usb led back-lighting. i have all the hardware so why not

will post pics if i go through with it

I always wanted leds in my pc
Might consider buying a secondhand hue+

I only go 80+ gold and above.

850W 80+ bronze is good enough for literally any PC
Except well, supercomputers and a pc with like 8 video cards for aome reason.
Even evga said so themselves.

Well that ofcourse doesnt mean you cant get gold but I dont really see a reason too. Bronze is just fine imo.

The ideal wattage for your PSU is around twice the rated wattage of all your components, as that's when your PSU runs the most efficiently. So if your computer uses around 425 watts on average, 850 is the ideal, not overkill. It depends on the PC.

>twice as much wattage
Pheriferals and screens dont use that much power so I really doubt that
500W will be plenty for most systems with just 1 gpu and 1 cpu. 850 should be a maximum. Unless you go wild and get like 4 or more gpus.

Speaking of wattage. If you have a 500W psu is it like 500/second (implying its using that much wattage all the time) or how does that work?