Author Topic: If I download Windows 8, will libraries be saved?  (Read 1056 times)

I have 2 other hard drives on my computer. One is very important to me.
Also if it only does the main hard drive that was default to the computer, what will it download?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:34:52 AM by padmedog »

Computers generally only do what you tell them to do, so as long as you don't tell it to modify the other drives, it shouldn't. Can't make any guarantees though.

if you are that worried unplug the hard drive that is important to you and update without it.

so long as you're not handicapped and know how to partition your drives then it won't delete your gay research and my little pony stuff.

so long as you're not handicapped and know how to partition your drives then it won't delete your gay research and my little pony stuff.
you don't need to partition anything if you have more than one hard drive

when you install it, you get to choose which drive it writes to. There is an option to keep your files, although it may not work. If it happens, your program files will be put into a folder called windows.old which is just a folder with your old program files in it

so i dont think it will affect your other drives, no, but if it does, make sure you ensure that you have selected the option to keep your files just in case

Nope. Windows 8 keeps all of your files and drivers, and will not be bothered with other HDD's on your system. They will remain there.

or just disconnect the two hdds, install windows one the one you plan to install on, then reconnect the hdds.

or just disconnect the two hdds, install windows one the one you plan to install on, then reconnect the hdds.
if you are that worried unplug the hard drive that is important to you and update without it.
Yup

Its full of blockland and game maker stuff that has a lot of things that I really need.
Oh and is blockland compatible with Windows 8?

Its full of blockland and game maker stuff that has a lot of things that I really need.
Yes it is.

Barely. I heard it isn't that stable.

Windows 7 = master race

Windows 8 = satan

In all honesty, I don't think Windows 8 is worth it.

Barely. I heard it isn't that stable.
You heard so from a person who is wrong. It works just as well on Windows 7 and it does on Windows 8.

Will libraries be saved?