Author Topic: ████ Disable the Java software on your web browsers to avoid hacking ████  (Read 3444 times)

What do I do if I'm using Netscape?

Jesus... again?
Java get your stuff together...

wow.
Sorry, didn't notice the topic was yours.

Didn't mean to look like a jerk, my apologies.

Firefox automatically disables Java because of the vulnerability. You can't even enable it.

wow.

He does have a point, you have to admit.

His explains pretty much everything in the OP without having to go to 926 other sites. In my opinion, if someone else shows you up in making a topic because you don't do very well at explaining, or you just have 3/4 lines of text, and shows your topic up by making theirs look all nice and organized like this, you should lock yours.

If what I just said makes no sense after reading, I'm half asleep, so here's a way simpler way to look at it:

Guy A makes a topic with 3/4 lines of text, sufficient info.
Guy B makes the same topic, and provides / adds more than sufficient info and ways of preventing / other things needed

Guy A should probably lock theirs, just so people will see the more 'informed' topic and possibly clear up any questions they might get from looking at Guy A's topic.

So, how do you get hacked?

So, how do you get hacked?

Java driveby, usually you visit a website with a hidden IFrame which executes malicious code without you even doing anything.

Java driveby, usually you visit a website with a hidden IFrame which executes malicious code without you even doing anything.
hm, well, the only websites i've been on today were the red dead redemption wiki, youtube, and BL forums.
i think.

Bump for good measure.

i have noscript so im safe.

wow.
I agree, though. His is more professional. Just look at those attention grabbing bars by the side of the title!

That is a nice looking OP. I don't even have Java installed, though, so I imagine I'm pretty safe.

This is browser only, Minecraft servers wont be affected right?

This is browser only, Minecraft servers wont be affected right?
no they won't

Hey guys I found this new thing called a Silent Java Drive By!

In other words, a sJDB has existed for more than eight years. Saying to be careful of Java exploits is like saying "Hey guys, remember to wear condoms because there's this new thing called Herpes!"