Return To Blockland 2.0 (Talk)

Author Topic: Return To Blockland 2.0 (Talk)  (Read 18180 times)

Well I dunno about all of you but it seems a little hush hush...
My first question about it would be: is it going to be released?? Then a bunch of important questions like "What will be in RTB that'll make Retail any better, I can see new vehicles, bricks, In-game chat boxes and even Weapons but nothing really Woooow".

Discus, because I don't like the RTB forums.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:07:42 PM by Packer »

I doubt RTB will be as much a success as it was in Vanilla especially at the start.

I doubt RTB will be as much a success as it was in Vanilla especially at the start.
I concur.

Do you not like our forums because there isn't a designated zone for you to defecate in?

The initial RTB release is not actually going to affect gameplay in any way. Our main features at the moment are:
  • Ingame IRC/Messenger
  • Ingame Add-On Downloader
  • Ingame RSS Viewer
  • Secure GUI Downloading

The Add-On Downloader will allow you to browse through the mods people have submitted to the RTB Database (We cant link it to the Add-Ons section here as it needs server-side mods). You'll be able to view/rate/comment on them and even download/install them without closing the game! I've attached some screenshots to the post.

This version of RTB is basically a Community Add-On but in the future we may look into changing gameplay etc.

So will there be any custom vehicles, or will they be released when you have made them?
Perhaps a special section for 'RTB Releases' on the add-ons downloader?

And more:

Do the mod directly download? Or is the long description of the Sawn-Off Shotgun just misleading?

It'll download directly. We're working on a system whereby you can literally drop the .zip of the add-on into a folder and it will run it all from that zip.

So the ability to unzip a zip in-game?

I guess so. Torque handles zips as normal folders, We're just doing the system to track which zips you have enabled/disabled etc.

Will the menu have more detail than the current one (Normal Retail), i.e. the name?

Added to list of stuff to do.

Whats added to what list?

This list:
Code: [Select]
ր
ր
ր
ր
ր
Get RTB 2.0

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?action=quotefast;quote=313631;sesc=70cb68f047bb33edc7b4ab77278920a1
Line Number 1, Column 130:<temp>
This list:
Code: [Select]
ր
ր
ր
ր
Get Life 1.0
Get RTB 2.0
</temp>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^