2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808

Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 132959 times)

I don't know if this is from this update or anything, but every time I start my own server on multiplayer, Blockland crashes. Any way to fix or do I just have to wait until next update? I have tried deleting the cache file and deleting Slayer, but it still crashes.   Kinda pisses me off because I have some server ideas and I can't use them.  :panda:
Run a disk defrag? I had a problem where my own server (even singleplayer) went at about one frame every two seconds, and that helped.

Badspot

• Administrator
I don't know if this is from this update or anything, but every time I start my own server on multiplayer, Blockland crashes. Any way to fix or do I just have to wait until next update? I have tried deleting the cache file and deleting Slayer, but it still crashes.   Kinda pisses me off because I have some server ideas and I can't use them.  :panda:

Help forum.
Remove all add-ons.
Console.log

Great update, I'm really glad about the borderless part.

I've noticed something with the hitboxes when it comes to spray painting. When the avatar is at an angle, the hitbox remains at the standing position

Video (Excuse people bouncing around and being jackasses)

Is this a new bug, something that cannot be fixed, or what? Does it also apply to weaponry?

I love Bordless, but I can't move the window bordless, unless disable bordless, I can move it around. I hope next update able have bordless moving around and resize.

Edit:

Where you get that bottomprint add-ons?

Edit:Where you get that bottomprint add-ons?
this was not my server

I've noticed something with the hitboxes when it comes to spray painting. When the avatar is at an angle, the hitbox remains at the standing position

Is this a new bug, something that cannot be fixed, or what? Does it also apply to weaponry?
I'm quite sure this happens because of the Torque Game Engine's inability to transform collision models. I guess it has been in Blockland since day one.

Found current workaround for the RTB Irc.
Found a workaround for RTB IRC for now, its not in blockland.
Go to http://www.centralchat.net/
Click start chatting now,
Put in the username you wish to have in the "Name" box.
In the channel box put #rtb.
Click connect, it will now put you in the old RTB Chat channel.
(the one from RTB 3.5)

Will you implement user made tracks in the future?

I'm quite sure this happens because of the Torque Game Engine's inability to transform collision models. I guess it has been in Blockland since day one.
Aah, I see. I never noticed it before

Will you implement user made tracks in the future?

Adding tracks:

You can add tracks add your own tracks to the rotation by creating an add-on zip file named SpeedKart_YourTrackNameHere.z ip.
   The game mode automatically adds all tracks to the rotation.
   See the included SpeedKart_Lighthouse.zip and SpeedKart_Sand_Castle.zip for examples
   The zip file should contain the following files:

• save.bls - A save file of your track, including the starting gates and win brick.  Saving ownership or not does not matter, since the game mode will load the bricks as public.
  • environment.txt - Environmental settings, skybox, lighting, etc.  To create this file, adjust your environment settings manually, then use the console function saveEnvironment(<filename>);
  • credits.txt - When the track is loaded it says "Now loading <your track name>, created by: <credits.txt contents>" in the chat.  Credits list is limited to one line and control characters are removed.

Here is a save file containing just the starting gates and a win brick.  http://blockland.us/files/SpeedKart-Starting-Line.bls

I think he wants to know if user tracks will be put into the game by default if they are up to par, or if he will never do that which would be strange to make definite considering past additions.

It's always been like this. I think it also applies to weapons as well.

Badspot, can you add a callback for when the bricks are loaded for a minigame?

Badspot, what is the timeout for resetting minigames?

Badspot, can you add a callback for when the bricks are loaded for a minigame?
serverLoadSaveFile_End()?

I love the borderless window mode.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 06:50:14 PM by Greek2me »