Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 133030 times)

I don't know if this has already been mentioned there is a bug in rampage mode were the first save won't load at all. When you load the save yourself it works fine and the other saves load after that but there is also another problem. The game doesn't clear the bricks at the end of the level so the afghan dm will be combined with acm and beta city (the bricks don't lap over one another the next save just won't place a block there).

Is everyone else getting this problem or is it just me?

I don't know if this has already been mentioned there is a bug in rampage mode were the first save won't load at all. When you load the save yourself it works fine and the other saves load after that but there is also another problem. The game doesn't clear the bricks at the end of the level so the afghan dm will be combined with acm and beta city (the bricks don't lap over one another the next save just won't place a block there).

Is everyone else getting this problem or is it just me?
Yes, happened to my roommate and I, we thought it was our installs. Good to know it's not just us.

The server seems to prefer the default minigame's value for falling damage over the $pref value, even when out of the default minigame.

The winrace event only comes in the gamemode. If I try to make my own track how do i add the winrace event to the winBrick?

So are the modular blocks part of the official default game now?
My addons on rtb still show them as 3rd party ghost's ones. Would i have to remove them before the game wants to use it's own?

The winrace event only comes in the gamemode. If I try to make my own track how do i add the winrace event to the winBrick?
I think you can load the gamemode as if it were an add-on. It apparently loads the rest of the functions and the package, which may break some stuff, especially if you start a minigame, but it should be okay for building speedkart tracks. You could also start up speedkart and leave the minigame.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:59:26 PM by -Jetz- »

I think you can load the gamemode as if it were an add-on. It apparently loads the rest of the functions and the package, which may break some stuff, especially if you start a minigame, but it should be okay for building speedkart tracks. You could also start up speedkart and leave the minigame.
Ah. Okay.

How come I tried downloading the speedkart starting line, but when I try loading it, it just says "Loading bricks. Please wait." up at the top, and it doesn't load?

Do I have to load it in a different gamemode, or what?

It seems there is a bug.
On a normal minigame (custom or different gamemode), everytime everyone dies in the minigame, it says "Everyone is dead. No one wins." and then it resets the minigame. So everytime i die in my singleplayer build gamemode, it resets later on. I think it's with the Speedkart gamemode pertaining to other gamemodes.

It seems there is a bug.
On a normal minigame (custom or different gamemode), everytime everyone dies in the minigame, it says "Everyone is dead. No one wins." and then it resets the minigame. So everytime i die in my singleplayer build gamemode, it resets later on. I think it's with the Speedkart gamemode pertaining to other gamemodes.
Do you have the respawn time set to 0 or -1? If so, that's probably your problem.
  • Minigame respawn time can now be set to -1 (do not respawn), last man standing mode is implied

I think the minimum time that allows respawning is 1 second. Try that and come back here if that doesn't work.

Why was fileExists removed?? because isFile i'm an idiot
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:19:24 PM by Ipquarx »

What the forget. Why was fileExists removed??
Use the isFile("path/to/file.cs") function.

Use the isFile("path/to/file.cs") function.
isFile is a lot more consistent with the rest of the functions which detect if something exists (isFunction, isPackage and the such).
Though did this change a lot back or really this update?

isFile has always been there. I never even knew about fileExists, but I guess it was removed this update.