50 (48.1%)
Flat plain, no cover
3 (2.9%)
Flat plain, some cover
10 (9.6%)
Other (please tell)
5 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Airsoft thread. This topics still alive and well!  (Read 101676 times)

my brother has a rooster and shoot m4 and it is very ruged. he bought it for $20 and it came with a cheap colt .44
since he bought it two years ago the but stock broke off, the orange tip on the muzzel broke off,and has had several bad ass paint jobs. the range is awfull so its no good for anything cqc

I hope the 500 mag is counting the reservoir. If not than thats pretty insane.
High-capacity magazines are wind-up, so they continuously feed from the reservoir. I myself like mid-caps the most

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=34843
I bet it's on sale because no one's buying them-- I've heard bad things about APS :/

Please list for me, the parts inside of a TM gearbox, that are metal in a clone gearbox but are plastic in a TM.
bushings

lol I was misinformed I just searched it and found out their gearboxes are actually metal

I just told you that TMs are expensive, I don't even own a TM, that doesn't mean they aren't good guns. If you don't like TM that's fine but I'm going to stand by the fact that they're one of the top airsoft manufactures. Just because you can't afford LBT doesn't mean Flyye is better than it, the same applies here, let's move on.
I never said they weren't good guns and that I didn't like them, I said I respect them and they do have good qualities. I was saying that it would be less expensive to buy a clone & upgrade it to make an even better machine

again btw just want to reiterate this, fps does not = range, your fps does not matter as much as you want it to
If there was something that fired at 100 FPS and had the world's best hop-up unit it still couldn't out-range something that fired at 400 FPS with your run-of-the-mill hop-up unit-- it's physics bro

I don't even know what he's saying
300 fps is bad
400 fps is great
Most assault rifles fire in between the two.
also
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=34843
This has plastic internals
Gross
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:13:45 AM by Mr.jacksaunt »

I'm trying to tell him that FPS is for a fact an important factor in a gun's range. I never said any FPS range was good or bad, as it depends on the environment you're playing in

again btw just want to reiterate this, fps does not = range, your fps does not matter as much as you want it to

That's actually not true. If you wanted more range, you would extend the barell or make it tight bore. While you arent changing the spring or motor or anything like that, doing so would increase FPS.

the difference between 300-400 is overall negligible, you're not getting any crazy range increases with a higher fps, a TBB does increase your FPS but that doesn't mean that FPS = Range. You'll honestly be fine with 300 FPS on a stock TM gun, the hopup is doing most of the range/accuracy work. If you stick a M90 in your JG ofcourse it's going to be stuffty but a 320FPS gun with good airseal and a r-hop is going to outrange your CYMA with a "new bucking and nub".

The single most important factor to range is hopup, not FPS. Increasing your spring gives you an increase in range but with the caveat of degradation of your gun, instead of sticking a higher spring in your gun just r-hop/flat-hop it and you'll get better results than you could ever get with a simple spring change.

@Zloff, the bushings don't matter, they use Nylon bushings which are just fine for sub 350 FPS. tms dont shoot at 100fps what are you saying lol, you're completely exaggerating what I'm saying

Once again, FPS is not as important as you want it to be, I'm sure everyone thinks they're an awesome airsmith super good tech because they open their gearbox and shim and change springs but the reality is that there's much more to upgrading than what you think their is.

Basically
FPS = Minor/Not major contributor to range, obviously main contributor to velocity
Houp = Major contributor to range
Barrel/Airseal = Major contributor to accuracy
Motor/Battery/Electrical (Wiring, good trigger contact, mosfet) = Trigger response and ROF
Gears/Piston/Bushings/Shim/Etc = Reliability and performance overall

Doing things like making sure you have correct AOE, a good airseal, and changing your tamiya to deans are all upgrades that are more worth it than FPS. I'm not denying FPS as an important factor but stop obsessing over it, every post is hurrr my gun shoots at XXX FPS.

edit: let's just leave the conversation at this instead of clogging up the thread with this discussion, if you still care about it feel free to pm me at which point i will not respond
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:58:24 PM by chaseyqurt »

I wasn't exaggerating your words I was giving a hypothetical situation, I thought that was obvious. Don't be such a dumbass.

"Not as important as you want it to be" dude it's physics it's going to be important whether or not "I want it to be". By your twisted logic, a 100 fps gun can out-range a 400 fps gun just as long as the hop-up is good. You see how ridiculous that sounds?

And for your information no one is obsessing over it, but unlike you I need the extra power and range because I play outdoors. And quit talking to me like I don't know how an airsoft gun works or how to upgrade one. This airsoft stuff is elementary compared to car and computer repair.

Edit: I feel like you won't listen to reason with this so I'll just tell you a little story: here in West Michigan the G36 series appears to be pretty popular, so it wasn't that hard to find a guy with a TM G36c. Now I also have a G36c, but mine's a JG. He wanted to compare our rifles, so we did. I was firing 387 fps, while he was pulling ~280. I had a stock hop-up unit and barrel, but I out-ranged him. His accuracy was a tad better though-- indoors at least.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:00:42 PM by Zloff »

my brother has a rooster and shoot m4 and it is very ruged. he bought it for $20 and it came with a cheap colt .44
since he bought it two years ago the but stock broke off, the orange tip on the muzzel broke off,and has had several bad ass paint jobs. the range is awfull so its no good for anything cqc
I had a $20 rooster n shoot M4 myself.
First the rails fell off (along with scope)
Then the stock broke
The orange tip is still on it however.

Its about 6-8 years old. Lost track
Its at the least 6 8 at most.

ignore my last post with the ak with plastic internals, this one is better.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_672_719&products_id=30447

You can get that at a better site for less here, but I would recommend you'd get a CM040 or higher. I've heard anything below that isn't externally made of steel, and you don't want pot metal externals

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_672_719&products_id=23923
I got the AK-M4 key for it and put on the handguard from Tony Montana's m16. I'll get a picture when I find batteries for my camera.
I feel like dr Frankenstein or something.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=37163

My dad's gun. Super awesome gun. Unfortunately the blowback function had broke (we disabled it to fix it not shooting) and the magazine is broken too, but other than that, the gun performs flawless.

Holy stuff, Chasey is back!

/extremely late

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=37163

My dad's gun. Super awesome gun. Unfortunately the blowback function had broke (we disabled it to fix it not shooting) and the magazine is broken too, but other than that, the gun performs flawless.
Your dad plays airsoft with you? I'm actually kind of jelly right now.
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_672_719&products_id=23923
I got the AK-M4 key for it and put on the handguard from Tony Montana's m16. I'll get a picture when I find batteries for my camera.
I feel like dr Frankenstein or something.
oboy

i wish someone made an FNP45 replica, coolest pistol ever