2 (16.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
3 (25%)
3 (25%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Awesomenauts - New Content  (Read 2331 times)

A Quick overview
So I recently got into Awesomenauts, and I have to admit that I am very much addicted.  It is similar in concept to Dota/League of Legends, but designed to be more fast paced action with a bit more emphasis on skill over strategy.  There are currently 12 different Awesomenauts that you can play as (with a 13th coming soon) as well as 3 different arenas.  The object of the game is to destroy the opposing team's Solar Drill, protected by layers of turrets.  The game is 2D and has platformer mechanics, and actually has pretty decent AI.

Some useful links
Awesomenauts main site
Awesomenauts on Steam
Youtube channel of company that made it

The Awesomenauts

This is also a game that is much more fun when played with friends, so if you own the game on steam then drop your name off here with a link to your steam profile if you like.  I'll add you to a list up here in the OP.

Here's me:

Forum Name   Steam   League   Favorite 'Naut
NexusTrueEpic2
AlphadinAlphadin.EXE -Green3
snot2snot4
RykutaЯykuta²2
shinyarceus4Yveltal??

Now with a Steam Group
The Awesome Association
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:35:47 AM by Nexus »

i like lonestar and yuri, sometimes play voltar and raelyn

im also max level

TBH all of them are really fun to play, even if you are gawdful at them.
EDIT:
Unrelated...
Haven't I've seen you in a few games of SMNC snot?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:51:05 AM by Alphadin »

i do play smnc a lot yes so probably

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:25:55 PM by Cuddles le Bear »

I didn't really like the game. I'll stick with Naughty Bear.

If you are still willing to play a private match against other blocklanders, just give me your steam and other relevant info and I'll pop it into the OP.

I used to play but stopped because I found that nauts aren't balanced the best

It's fun, but I am unbelievably incapable of winning on multiplayer for some reason. I'm like rank 8 because I never play MP
I'll just stick to training and blame it on lag
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:57:29 PM by blocknight »

Got it a few days ago, it's like LoL on a 2D plane. Loads of fun.
If you're interested.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:09:05 PM by shinyarceus4 »

Aw yeah Genji is out and he is weird

His jump has a flutter that behaves differently if you spam space or hold it down
His cocoon makes enemies invincible to outside damage, but holds them in place and can be upgraded to do damage
He can transform enemy droids into friendly ones

neat stuff

Also something weird just happened with the leaderboard and I had my score rolled back to 10k and my rank changed to 7, but I can't find anyone else that this happened to.  My rank history from last year has also been changed from league 3 to 5, so I have no idea what is going on.  I have since worked my way back up to league 2, but this is just plain weird.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:10:13 PM by Nexus »

>2013
> not using Skolldir

I want to try Genji so badly right now.
Sadly i have no time at the moment. :C

I want to try Genji so badly right now.
Sadly i have no time at the moment. :C

Lol every game has a Gengi on each team, there doesn't seem to be really anyone NOT playing him.
His cocoon is actually pretty powerful versus clunk because it does percentile damage and can snuff out his asploed ability
but most of the time cocooning someone just forces your allies to stand around waiting for him to pop out, or actually saving your enemy from a nasty burst of damage