Coolest playable race?

Human
Avian
Apex
Floran
Hylotl
Glitch
Novakid

Author Topic: Starbound Megathread - Version 1.3.2  (Read 771325 times)

The matter manipulator is getting some TLC.

They're introducing the ability to upgrade it in various ways, such as digging power and range.
Which I'm happy about, because as they addressed in the blog post, it seems absolutely backwards that you start off the game with some fancy hi-tech swiss-army knife, but it's worse than a pickaxe made of cobblestone (which also doesn't make sense, as in Starbound and Minecraft, because cobblestone is literally a collection of small stones put together, usually in cement. How do you manage to stick those stones together to make a whole solid crafted pickaxe or other tool?)

Also, it'll hopefully work with liquid collection too, which they showed off earlier (but I don't think anyone here discussed it).

Yeah! I love the Matter Manipulator. Holy crap it gets pretty powerful. o.o

The super-soaker design for the liquid collector is hilarious.
Don't expect any of these features coming in the near month.

i like the idea of having a serious and a silly version of most items.

got it as a gift yesterday

being raped with ebola transmitting birds since

got it as a gift yesterday

being raped with ebola transmitting birds since

That's what I really hate about this game. You could wind up starting fresh on a world with toxic water pools, acid rain, meteor showers, enemy fortresses with armed soldiers, and hostile monsters that shoot lasers and boiling blood or whatever at you.

i call it the temple of the holy stuff and i'll probably dye its curtains later. i dunno.
Megatron2wee

That's what I really hate about this game. You could wind up starting fresh on a world with toxic water pools, acid rain, meteor showers, enemy fortresses with armed soldiers, and hostile monsters that shoot lasers and boiling blood or whatever at you.
I think a good solution would be to have a starting world without a co-ordinate location randomly generated

Any good mods I should be using? I plan on getting back into this game

do custom races that you download are transferred to other servers that don't have them?

do custom races that you download are transferred to other servers that don't have them?
no. both the client and server host must have the custom race, or else it will not be shown.

I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a bigger stuffstorm about it.
Because it's an improvement. One that was mentioned long ago.