Author Topic: 2013/03/11 - Blockland r1855  (Read 59337 times)

delays dont work when you are using goto events...i put in 2, one with a delay and it went straight to the second brick.
How long was the delay

use the botReachBrick event instead of delays. it was probably made for a reason, y'know

So uhh.. How do you put a name above their heads?

Ok, this is a theory. I'm not 100% sure this will work, but try strapping a brick to the bot's head somehow and then use the BrickText Event and put the bot's name as the bricks text.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:27:18 PM by Adolf-kun »

Ok, this is a theory. I'm not 100% sure this will work, but try strapping a brick to the bot's head somehow and then use the BrickText Event and put the bot's name as the bricks text.
You cannot attach bricks to bots.

You cannot attach bricks to bots.
huh. there should be an addon to put bricks on entities. or badspot should just make the bots name appear over their head as a default event.

huh. there should be an addon to put bricks on entities.

the bricks are on a grid, how would that even work? stop talking out your ass

So uhh.. How do you put a name above their heads?
if i recall that was removed due to exploits and stuff

the bricks are on a grid, how would that even work? stop talking out your ass
ROBLOX's building system allows it, so why not Blockland? (Then again ROBLOX sucks from all point of views)

ROBLOX's building system allows it, so why not Blockland? (Then again ROBLOX sucks from all point of views)

Because Blockland has a different engine from Roblox.

use the botReachBrick event instead of delays. it was probably made for a reason, y'know
How does that work?

botreachbrick doesn't make bots go anywhere. That's called after a bot has already moved. He's talking about adding a delay to gotobrick, so that the bot waits a few seconds and then goes to the brick. You can't do that with botreachbrick

Also quad, it seems to be working fine for me. I put in a delay and the bot wanders for about 5 seconds and then heads to the brick. Maybe you have a conflicting add-on? Or maybe you're using Amades botgotobrick
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:59:33 AM by Mysteroo »

Badspot should make it possible to make Rotating bricks.
And adding emitters and lights to vehicles, bots, and your own player, would be a great thing.

It would most likely require engine changes I guess.
And as for rotating bricks...I have no clue.

Something to do with the Octagon Tree?

If badspot made it possible to move, rotate, and flip bricks.

That would be game changing, AND it would save quite a few datablocks since you wouldn't need 10 different bricks just for fliping it.

I mean hell, if shadows and shaders were possible, why not this?

That would be game changing, AND it would save quite a few datablocks since you wouldn't need 10 different bricks just for fliping it.

Maps are out of the way now anyways, so less restrictions?

Is there a way to make the bots follow you?

shadows and shaders don't exactly work the same as brick rotation.. so there could be numerous reasons why not this. lol