Author Topic: Do you think Badspot did a good job of Blockland?  (Read 5205 times)

NO! (what's in bold)
Could you elaborate? Hats is just an example, I just mean player stuff in general.

You can currently do this via LOD levels, the rampage mode hands do this. When in first person you see beige hands, from third person you see your normal ones.
Seriously? Dat's awesome.

Good list. I hope the right people see it...

A default friends list instead of a 3rd party one
GameConnection::stopSound
More torquescript source for default functions, like he has for damage
Saving environment settings
Custom shapenames
::onMoveTrigger, similar to ::onTrigger
Custom face/decals steaming, that way it doesn't just look like the base face/decal. Pretty sure like, every other game similar to this has a feature like this. Obviously to avoid the 'hurr snake', option to disable this feature could be available.
Wider selection of avatar parts
GUI standardization (the main menu and start server screen look different from the rest of the game's menus)
Precipitation added to advanced environment settings
Gamemode settings
Wrapping face textures, that way it's not just the front.
Punish obvious trolls. Whether it's a temporary or permanent revoke. It's bad business to let people go from server to server just to forget with people. This is where all the 'bad community' comments come from that scare off potential buyers.
Adjust flood protection to 10 seconds for flooding, 4 seconds for repeating
Speed modifier value on player objects

But yeah, other than that it's fine.

Im gonna say he did great with the whole idea but I will be completely honest here.

There are plenty of things he could of done to make it better yet he refuses to do them which is why I have my doubts on if he did a "good" job.

this is pretty much my take on the question

yes i think it's good

I know someone's going to try and rip out my intestines over this but the game really, really needs terrain until a good terrain gen comes out.

I know someone's going to try and rip out my intestines over this but the game really, really needs terrain until a good terrain gen comes out.
Terrain wasn't that good though.

To say It's still running after several years with a still-growing community and a chance of being Greenlit I would say yes.

These topics are dumb.
Like do you honestly expect someone to come here and say "No this game sucks and Badspot did a terrible job"?

other than the horrid developer art yea

Terrain wasn't that good though.
Terrain is a gameplay feature, shaders/shadows aren't.

Terrains were good for vehicles and fort wars. Every try driving a jeep on a brick slope?