Do you think Badspot did a good job of Blockland?

Author Topic: Do you think Badspot did a good job of Blockland?  (Read 5087 times)

When I first got this game, I really liked the add-on system and how easy it was to install mods. I think Badspot did very well on this game considering how long it has been out in retail.

Please stop using Comic Sans. It's not 1999 anymore.

Personally, I think Badspot did great making the game.
We just need hats.

NO! (what's in bold)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:45:28 PM by chaos 2 »

This is now a font battle.

Blockland is the only game I haven't gotten bored with, so it's good.

YES! (italics)
no we dont need useless hats

we need more awesome stuff

no we dont need useless hats

we need more awesome stuff
Ok, more hats!

that'll make blockland be 14gb no

that'll make blockland be 14gb no
What's the problem with that

yes
Most straightforward post ive seen on this thread.

Darksaber530 used Impact

20 DAMAGE TO Mr.Nobody!

I think blockland could use a better weapon system. I couldn't compare it to anything better than source because I've worked with source for a long time.

There would be two types of the same weapon: A third person model (world model), and a first person model (view model).

The first person model could be high poly because it would be the only model of that gun to be rendered in first person view. It wouldn't have to be the entire model either, as long as it covers the main details (example: the scout's scattergun first person model only covers the detailed parts to the left of the model, the rest is blank)

The third person model could be very low poly. Really just a separate model from the first person model with reduced shape quality. It would also have different animations so the original first person model could have separate firing animations while the third person model wouldn't. The exception would obviously be that you could only see it in third person (on other people's hands in the map, too)

So when you equipped this weapon, you would see the very detailed first person model. When you tabbed to third person or looked at another person with this gun, it would show the low-poly third person model. That way we wouldn't have to balance out detail and reduced poly.

I think Badspot did a good job, except the fact that so many people can't run shaders.

Off topic: This font makes me feel fancy somehow.

I think blockland could use a better weapon system. I couldn't compare it to anything better than source because I've worked with source for a long time.
~~~
So when you equipped this weapon, you would see the very detailed first person model. When you tabbed to third person or looked at another person with this gun, it would show the low-poly third person model. That way we wouldn't have to balance out detail and reduced poly.

You can currently do this via LOD levels, the rampage mode hands do this. When in first person you see beige hands, from third person you see your normal ones.

What's the problem with that
Not everyone has a TB worth of hard drive space.

Or good Internet.