Author Topic: GSF Procedural Terrain Generator  (Read 40029 times)

Thanks everyone!

Are you planning to add a new feature or two in the future GSF?
Yes, maybe like cliffs, tunnels, etc. Have a suggestion?

Oh god, hurry gsf. Save your topic.
This add-on has a steep learning curve; getting the terrain just right is a work of art in itself.

Mine refuses to build anything but shores :\
Hmm, try changing the Terrain Z-Multiplier or the Seed.

So how do I change the cave colors? I'm looking through all the biome options, but nothing seems to change the color of the caves, it's all white
edit- aha figured it out, this is looking epic btw :D
lol okay, and thanks.

What are biomes for?
It allows you to overlay different, custom-made environments to the landscape, like deserts, arctic regions, etc.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:50:08 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

My Dm with this is up now, if anyone wants to come. :P

Thanks everyone!
Yes, maybe like cliffs, tunnels, etc. Have a suggestion?
Yes how about adding a volcano? And paths built in to the terrain.

Yikes this sure sends your brickcount skyrocketing..  Using nothing but 4x cubes and having 3 layers of cubes for every little bit.. That's pretty inefficient o_o

I made a terrain bit that wasn't very large and it hit over 350,000 already... Pretty sure huge badspots servers don't even get that high for a long while.

needs to turn 8 4xCubes into 1 8xCube

Yep, just loaded the largest Badspot's Block Party save I have
214347 bricks.  The GSF generated bit I made wasn't even close to 1/8th of the size yet it had over 100,000 more bricks.  This is really really really inefficient, it almost doesn't even leave room for builds on top of it

needs to turn 8 4xCubes into 1 8xCube
This would be a good idea, if it's not too hard to do.

Also I have a real question now lol- how do I change what brick I use? Or is it just 4x cubes and modular terrain for now?

It really needs a few pre made biome settings instead of all red and none.

But its still really cool, just takes a while to set up.

Yep, just loaded the largest Badspot's Block Party save I have
214347 bricks.  The GSF generated bit I made wasn't even close to 1/8th of the size yet it had over 100,000 more bricks.  This is really really really inefficient, it almost doesn't even leave room for builds on top of it
Yeah, I'm planning on fixing that soon.

This would be a good idea, if it's not too hard to do.

Also I have a real question now lol- how do I change what brick I use? Or is it just 4x cubes and modular terrain for now?
For now it's just 4x Cubes and Modular Terrain. I might add an option for selecting the brick size later on though.

It allows you to overlay different, custom-made environments to the landscape, like deserts, arctic regions, etc.
Why does it list a biome as a brick, then?

You can add bricks for each biome that will only generate for that specific biome. For instance, you can have pine trees only generate in arctic biomes.

You can add bricks for each biome that will only generate for that specific biome. For instance, you can have pine trees only generate in arctic biomes.
What is an actual Biome, though? How does what brick I choose determine what environment they go in.

Bot holes don't work, they are acting like a normal brick.
interesting. i would download a 4x4 octagon

Praise thy gods for light hath shined down from the heights of heaven.