Author Topic: GSF Procedural Terrain Generator  (Read 39816 times)

I don't know if you missed or just didn't comment on this, but here is a picture of what I ment:

probably because the script was designed with round directions DECORATIONS in mind so direction didn't matter

what if i want to place water? zones don't let me do that. what if i want to use actual zone bricks in places where another zone already exists? let me just delete that zo- there goes the build!

blockland's "floating" brick system sucks when it comes to brick terrain and needs a complete remodeling.
exactly an issue with using zone bricks

also zone bricks don't work with modular terrain.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:10:50 PM by otto-san »

probably because the script was designed with round directions in mind so direction didn't matter
Still, they should be randomly rotated or something

I don't know if you missed or just didn't comment on this, but here is a picture of what I ment:
-pic-
I saw; detail brick rotation has been added for the next update. Thanks for letting me know.

overall great excluding my gripe about floating from what i see
Thanks, and yeah the floating brick system isn't that great. But, there is a Solid Ground and Ground Gap-Filling option that'll connect brick columns to the ground, which will allow you to hammer them.

I saw; detail brick rotation has been added for the next update. Thanks for letting me know.
Thanks man

Really getting the feeling of this :)

How do I know what numbers to enter in to the seed generator for more land and less water?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:33:20 PM by Mounds Bar »

Really getting the feeling of this :)

-pic-

How do I know what numbers to enter in to the seed generator for more land and less water?
Not bad. :) Also, there are a variety of things you can do to add more land; the seed just affects the placement of hills and valleys. You can try raising the hill height by using Terrain Z-Multiplier, stretching the terrain out to increase the landmass by using Terrain XY-Scale or lowing the Water Level.

Thanks man
No problem

erm, you made checks with servercmds >.<

So that its host-only, at least for now. I'll try to add support for Super Admins in the near future, but the variables default to the host gui values for some reason; I'm not sure how to fix that.

• Fix boundaries interfering with detail bricks.[DONE]
  • Fix issues with bot hole bricks when used as details.[DONE]
yay

I didn't bother reading the thread, but someone is going to complain that it ruins building lol.
Anyways, GSF, you always do great things. Good work.

Please tell me :(

They are ones i bought from him. He modeled them on my request. I want to buy more from him but he never messages me back :/.

They are ones i bought from him. He modeled them on my request. I want to buy more from him but he never messages me back :/.
Are you going to release them?
please?

GSF I think you stoping from making maps is the best thing that could ever happen.

GSF I think you stoping from making maps is the best thing that could ever happen.
Thanks, although I still have withdrawls...

I didn't bother reading the thread, but someone is going to complain that it ruins building lol.
Anyways, GSF, you always do great things. Good work.
Thank you :)

The infinite terrain generator is now working! (At least to some extent.) I'll try to have it ready for the next udpate. Infinite terrain variation has also been added for the update.