Poll

Pushbroom

Keep it
Toss it

Author Topic: The Brighter Dark's Jail Escape [new poll]  (Read 14387 times)

I want to throw out another idea: Evented randomization of weapon spawn locations

This way people can't just go to the same spots in the same pattern, and guards can't always predict where prisoners are going to go. Although you'd have to add more secrets/hidden paths, this can at the very least mix up gameplay to the point so that guards can't camp spots effectively.

Can be simply done with some projectile events, and I think if you're going to add multiple paths to the same location, having similar events to toggle if the paths are open is a good idea as well.
Yes.
This.

Also, maybe add different ways to escape, such as disguising, hiding in garbage bins to get taken away by a garbage truck, digging out, chipping your cell wall with the classic spoon, etc.

also go all alcrataz
and make the prison on a remote island
surrounded by sharks

show those prisoners who's boss

I want to throw out another idea: Evented randomization of weapon spawn locations

This way people can't just go to the same spots in the same pattern, and guards can't always predict where prisoners are going to go. Although you'd have to add more secrets/hidden paths, this can at the very least mix up gameplay to the point so that guards can't camp spots effectively.

Can be simply done with some projectile events, and I think if you're going to add multiple paths to the same location, having similar events to toggle if the paths are open is a good idea as well.

This is a good idea.

Also, maybe add different ways to escape, such as disguising, hiding in garbage bins to get taken away by a garbage truck, digging out, chipping your cell wall with the classic spoon, etc.

also go all alcrataz
surrounded by sharks

lol
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:17:43 PM by tredden »

Terahedron, you are accepted. You will receive a PM when its time.

Diced, you were denied because its obvious you didn't try on your app.
Aero, you were denied because you have no recommendations

hm.

aight.

Cant blame you there.

hm.

aight.

Cant blame you there.
if you have zero recommendations, you can't get a respected status in the server
to get recommendations, you have to be respected in the server

you cannot get recommendations from anyone that does apps with recommendations because you can't get recommendations because nobody will give you a status because you don't have recommendations bec...
ugh
lol
alcatraz is a thing to be feared

RE-APP.
Forum name:Diced Pineapples

In-game name:Diced Pineapples

Blockland ID(s):6597

Other servers you have beta tested on: ty's city rpg, cougars prison rp

Why do you want to beta: becuase I don't lie and i can give you an honest opinion on the server, i can be trusted to give advice on how the map/server can be improved.
I've been to tezuni's so i know what is bad and what is good, and i think that could help you.

Recommendations for this position: Allun Pentax, and Whirlwind

Who wants to recommend me? C:

If you need any scripts lemme know. I'm working on a playertype that has legs. I'm also thinking about making a more realistic render mod, except using a custom slender model by me.

If you need any scripts lemme know. I'm working on a playertype that has legs. I'm also thinking about making a more realistic render mod, except using a custom slender model by me.
Thanks for the offer! I will be sure to contact you if we require any scripts.

Yes.
This.

also go all alcrataz
surrounded by sharks

These are both great ideas, but it honestly depends on what can be accomplished by events and whats currently available. 

These are both great ideas, but it honestly depends on what can be accomplished by events and whats currently available. 
It can be done with VCE

It can be done with VCE
evented randomization can be done with default events
multiple ways to escape is probably possible with default events
i rest my case.

Forum name: Igloos

In-game name: Igloo

Blockland ID(s): idk

Other servers you have beta tested on: none

Why do you want to beta: to play

Recommendations for this position: me