Author Topic: This week is just the beginning of a civil rights movement for marriage equality  (Read 6937 times)

I'm sorry, but where is the phrase 'separation of church and state'? I'd like to read it myself =)
Separation of church and state

Many gays tend to marry in civil courts; not houses of worship.
OR, they have public marriage ceremonies, it differs.

If you read the Bible more, like link said, homoloveuality and bestiality is sin. We have reason to not support it, but that doesn't mean we should hate people for going that way, just like how He* wouldn't hate them.
* God

Why are you even comparing homoloveuality with bestiality? I don't understand that.

What I meant is like the whole thing
First of all in the beginning you implied that muslims and christians cannot be friends, then you said you were okay with them but you wanted them to leave you alone because it was against your beliefs. I mean no they probably aren't going to be married in a church, which I fell is becoming less and less popular, but you go on to say how it bothers you so much if they wanted anything to do with christianity and suddenly they would be the bad guys, not the people who care about the personal lives of others.

Why are you even comparing homoloveuality with bestiality? I don't understand that.

it isn't a comparison both are mentioned and condemned

Marriage equality shouldn't even be up to the government. Gays should be able to if they want.

I hope they don't ask to do it in our churches
This is up for the churches to decide individually to allow

or even make it law.
Make what a law? Legally requiring churchs to marry same love couples?
Seperation of church and states works both ways, so no, that shouldn't be a thing either.

If you read the Bible more, like link said, homoloveuality and bestiality is sin.
So is eating shellfish and wearing garments of mixed fabrics. I believe there's also some very strict rules about how you're allowed to cut your hair
But no one gives a stuff about these things, they pick and choose what they like from the bible, and then claim the bible as the reason for not liking what they chose to not like.

Separation of church and state

Thank you =)

Although most of that article does not talk about America, I did find a small part about the Bill of Rights. The phrase actually comes from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson, and is not in the Bill of Rights.

Separation of church and state means is that the First Amendment does not permitted Congress to establish one religion over then Entire County. Not 'teachers and students shouldn't be aloud to pray in school' or any of that type of argument.

Least from what I've read and seen.

So is eating shellfish and wearing garments of mixed fabrics. I believe there's also some very strict rules about how you're allowed to cut your hair
But no one gives a stuff about these things, they pick and choose what they like from the bible, and then claim the bible as the reason for not liking what they chose to not like.

those were specifically given to the jewish nation as a lawset for them to follow so that they would maintain a cultural and religious distinction from their neighbors, they were invalidated later on

those were specifically given to the jewish nation as a lawset for them to follow so that they would maintain a cultural and religious distinction from their neighbors, they were invalidated later on
Thank goodness, someone finally gets it

Thank goodness, someone finally gets it

no one is trying to make churches hold gay marriages

they want to be able to legally marry
Well I've heard people wanted to make it a law that gay people can marry in a church if they ask.
How would they be so "nosy" around you?-snip-
I'm snipping out most of that comment because I don't see it much relevant to what you're asking.
What I mean is they don't have to bash on all of us for thinking what they do is a sin. Look at what happened to Chik-Fil-A for example. They said they don't believe gay people should marry, and you know what happened. A bunch of people get mad at Chik-Fil-A and do their best to offend them.
Because in Biblical terms, they're equal in terms of sin.
Make what a law? Legally requiring churchs to marry same love couples?
Not requiring, just forcing on churches if the couple wants to marry in a church.
Seperation of church and states works both ways, so no, that shouldn't be a thing either.
So our country should decide what religions do and do not? That doesn't sound very free.
It says that when Jesus arrived, the more strict laws like what to eat and how to dress were lifted. Or in other words,

I eat shellfish all the freaking time as well as all types of pork.
HECK, I am eating bacon wrapped beef cutlets right now and had shrimp last night.