Author Topic: bring back the Maps!  (Read 6812 times)

does anybody agree with me when I say we should bring back the maps fir the game? Not that I don't like the slates, They are ok, but C'mon man, removing the maps? If you ask me we should bring them back.

I doubt he will anyways, a lot of topics like these have been made, but the odds of them coming back are small

What is it about maps will never come back do you not understand. Badspot will never bring maps back, so whine, bitch, moan, groan, and complain all you want. Actually put some effort into your server, and build a map.

@OP
Go make a Torque-Based game similar to Blockland that has Terrain, and profit.

Actually put some effort into your server, and build a map.
good luck building slopes

exactly
it would be far beyond the brick limit. so, checkmate.

exactly
it would be far beyond the brick limit. so, checkmate.
Terrain bricks baby...however I doubt you could use terrain bricks to create something similar looking as slopes.

I wasn't referring to any specific map. I meant any sort of play area/battlefield/terrain/arena, etc.

What is it about maps will never come back do you not understand. Badspot will never bring maps back, so whine, bitch, moan, groan, and complain all you want. Actually put some effort into your server, and build a map.
This is not true. Awhile back Rotondo, or Badspot(don't remember if it was badspot or rotondo) said that maps were slowing down code, but are possible to get back in the game later in the future.

Considering slopes was a repeating map, and we have modter, we could just build the main section of the map and have you warp to the other side when you reach the end, or something similar.

The main section of slopes (not repeating) would be able to be for the most part recreated with modter and still be within the bricklimit

Shaders and shadows were a good trade for maps in my opinion. Better builds came out of it.

Shaders and shadows were a good trade for maps in my opinion. Better builds came out of it.

Now lock your topic, op.

does anybody agree with me when I say we should bring back the maps fir the game? Not that I don't like the slates, They are ok, but C'mon man, removing the maps? If you ask me we should bring them back.
This. Not another topic about bringing the maps back. V21 killed it off, Kompressor ignored the pleas for mercy. Can you revive a dead person after he explodes into body parts? No. Same with maps.