Thé Lord Tony - HURR HURR NINTENDO SUCKS SONY BETTER

Author Topic: Thé Lord Tony - HURR HURR NINTENDO SUCKS SONY BETTER  (Read 7149 times)

Sony had the patent for the Playstation move way before Nintendo came up with the Wii.

Also Sony has been using hands free motion controlled gaming before the xbox came out with kinect. It was called eyetoy for playstation 2.

To be fair you did the exact same thing on Sony topics
I only once predicted for a joke that Sony was going to put a touchscreen on the controller to rip-off the Wii U. I was right, but afterwards i said that it has a lot of potential like the Wii U does. Although for some reason, when they announced the touchscreen for the Wii U Lord Tony said "Ha, its just a non-portable DS. Who would want that?" and when Sony showed off theirs he said "Multiple functions can be added on to the touchscreen and it will be very useful in different games", as if the touchscreen was completely Sony's idea and an intelligent move, completely disregarding the fact that Wii U had it first. Infact, DS had it first.

he's right about the vita being loving amazing though

seriously it is
Yes it is, until you notice how limited the library is when it comes to good lengthy games.

Sony had the patent for the Playstation move way before Nintendo came up with the Wii.

Also Sony has been using hands free motion controlled gaming before the xbox came out with kinect. It was called eyetoy for playstation 2.
Except Nintendo NES and SNES had 'motion controls' 20 years earlier with the Zapper, PowerGlove and Superscope.

Pretty sure Nintendo wasn't the first one to use the motion control gimmick either Yes they did, at least the first home video game console to do them, and just because you say its a gimmick it doesn't mean that its a bad thing. , too bad it really is a gimmick Yeah, i could call SIXAXIS a gimmick too. because the games that weren't rail shooters ended up not using it or having obnoxious controls that forces you to use the stick. If you gave it some time you get used to them. I found Mario Galaxy extremely tedious but once i learned how to point the wii mote to the sensor bar i had no problems.

SSBB didn't even use any actual motion controls. Menu navigation. I'm pretty sure it did use something since you could play the game with the Nunchuck and Wiimote.
Seriously, stop calling everything a damn gimmick.

Except Nintendo NES and SNES had 'motion controls' 20 years earlier with the Zapper, PowerGlove and Superscope.

That's nice, but were any of them good? Did any of them work like the move or eyetoy?

Arcade cabinets were the first to use motion controls anyways.

That's nice, but were any of them good? Did any of them work like the move or eyetoy?

Arcade cabinets were the first to use motion controls anyways.
It doesn't matter if they worked or moved like the Eyetoy. What matters is that Nintendo had motion controls first.

And also, please read my posts before you quote them.

It doesn't matter if they worked or moved like the Eyetoy. What matters is that Nintendo had motion controls first.

DataSoft Inc did motion controls first in 1981, your logic is flawed sir.

And also, please read my posts before you quote them.

Datasoft's device worked for the Atari 2600 which I believe is a home console, yes?

Datasoft's device worked for the Atari 2600 which I believe is a home console, yes?

asdf, you keep me confused, i thought you were cakey.
:c

If we want to go as far as we can get, we could go to 1971 and the Magnavox Odyssey's lightgun rendering the debate of which company came up with motion controls first pointless, but when you say that the Playstation Move's patent existed before the Wii did, what makes you think that the Wii's Patent or the whole console design itself didn't exist before Playstation move?

After some quick Wikipedia reading, Apparently the Wii and its motion controls began development in 2001 and the Playstation move began development in 2003.

Your "EyeToy" argument is also invalid because the Dreamcast had its own Dreameye released in Japan before the Playstation 2 killed the Dreamcast.

This argument is going absolutely nowhere.

Also dreamcast died.

Who made what isn't exactly the point. The point is Nintendo is forcing motion controls and double screen gimmicks while sony is not.

Also Nintendo must be desperate to actually try being able to support CoD on their wii-U

Who made what isn't exactly the point. The point is Nintendo is forcing motion controls and double screen gimmicks while sony is not.

Also Nintendo must be desperate to actually try being able to support CoD on their wii-U
Most of the time these "Gimmicks" are optional. Only game that actually requires the double screen shenanigans in my Wii U game collection is NintendoLand, which was created to show off the screens potential.

What is wrong with Nintendo console having a Cod game? Imo cod games are terrible but maybe some people will like them. I could say that Sony is desperate because they added that DLC to LBP2 that allows you to use a Vita to help your friends beat some levels, so that Super Mario Bros U's challenge mode and the Wii U wont alienate Sony fans from the PS3 to play the Wii U instead.

Actually the developers added that into Little Big Planet 2, not sony. It's just possible to do so with the vita.

Actually the developers added that into Little Big Planet 2, not sony. It's just possible to do so with the vita.
LBP's Sackboy happens to be one of Sony's mascots, which pretty much means that Mediamolecule belongs to their party of 1st party developers.

LBP's Sackboy happens to be one of Sony's mascots, which pretty much means that Mediamolecule belongs to their party of 1st party developers.

And? The studio has freedom to do whatever they want regardless of what sony wants unlike nintendo.

And? The studio has freedom to do whatever they want regardless of what sony wants unlike nintendo.
Proof?