How did you find out about blockland

Author Topic: How did you find out about blockland  (Read 6765 times)

I think it was YouTube, pretty sure, but it's been a long time, so I'm not exactly certain, lol. I honestly think I was looking for some kind of lego game, excluding Digital Designer, and came across Blockland.

I was searching for a video about lego houses so I could build one to make a lego stop-motion, and the first result was these guys playing the pre-retail version of Blockland. I got the demo, then bought the game a couple weeks later.

I found out via my brother.
How he found about BL, I am still unaware.

Skulltag forums in 2005. I was also a whiny 10-year old.

I was playing whiteboardwar (fun game by the way) and I saw an ad for "that game where you build stuff."

I had to have it.

I was reading Wikipedia about Roblox, looked at the list of multiplayer sandbox building games, saw 'Blockland', played the demo, begged so badly to get the game, got addicted to Blockland, and here I am.

me and a friend were at school and he said he saw this game called "blockland" and that it was a roblox rip off, he said there is a demo and I said "ill try it out but I won't get in to this game"

best decision ever c:
Your friend is funny!
Isn't his/her friend funny?

I was playing roblox years ago, I found blockland as an ad, and played the demo. There here I am.
Oh god lol, now they delete everything that mentions Blockland. Funny how they had an advertisement for it.

Oh god lol, now they delete everything that mentions Blockland. Funny how they had an advertisement for it.
Nope, just went on it and found a Blockland advertisement instantly.
ROBLOX just splatters ads every where. I even saw a research advertisement!

My cousin gave me my first key because I thought the physics were great at first.

First thing I saw on Blockland: Seeing a Blockstang tumble off the peak of The Slopes. Damn, for some reason I really wanted that game because of that. First time I played I didn't know stuff. I flew a Bomber Jet like stuff and drove a Fordor like stuff.

A good friend of mine went on and on and on and on about Blockland, as he did about loads of other random little games.
As is ever the case I gave in to him constantly saying to try it out.

And I thought it was great.
I had loads of fun on the Demo in the spring or 2008.
Got a bit bored when I reached the end of Demo's limitations at the time.
Couldn't play online and only had a limited number of blocks, so my buildings got quite boring since I would have to destroy something to build more.

Then I forgot about it because of this for a few months, and then I remembered it sometime after my birthday in August and played the Demo, and I asked for it as a "late birthday present" and I got it in early September '08.

My cousin gave me my first key because I thought the physics were great at first.

First thing I saw on Blockland: Seeing a Blockstang tumble off the peak of The Slopes. Damn, for some reason I really wanted that game because of that. First time I played I didn't know stuff. I flew a Bomber Jet like stuff and drove a Fordor like stuff.
I remember when I played the demo under the name of "The White Puppy". I rode the Flying Wheeled Sheep terribly.
I'd take off into the sky! Well, the sky was the ground and it started bouncing up and down like Vehicles do when they've been shoved into the baseplate.
Then, I bought it. I changed my name to "Sephiroth" and kept that name for some time.
Eventually, I got called an impostor. Actually, a lot. I then went back to my original name as Trifornt.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:50:29 AM by Cuddles le Bear »

my friend's older brother was playing it while i was at his house
my sister bought the game and we took turns playing it on her computer until i bought the game myself a couple months later

i watched a friend play v15 at his house and it was love at first sight. been playing it ever since
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:29:46 PM by GhostStar »

I was watching Roblox videos on Youtube when I stumbled across this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QoRKlzxnLk.