Author Topic: RIFT Free to play  (Read 10700 times)

I played ever since the beta and quit completely once I found out it was monthly payment. Gonna see if there's any stuff on my account, perhaps gonna play for the first levels.
This made me need a new keyboard, screen and room. Ones that aren't white anymore.
I also received the e-mail, so yeah. But now that looking at the screenshots of the fun I missed, will make me want to play even more now.

also IIRC Necromancer has no summons, which bugs me. I could be wrong though.
Totally incorrect. Necro has multiple summons, A healer a tank and a dps. There's also another one but I don't remember what it is.

Oh something else I should have mentioned, While there are a ton of kill x of this quests storm legion redid the classes quite a bit and everybody has a ton of AOE attacks now.

My cleric uses the new defiler soul for DPS (I'm a healer mainly) And I have a spell that swaps between doing all of my damage to 1 enemy or spreading it out to all nearby ones, I also have a little ward who draws aggro from me and I can put shields on him and stuff.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:08:55 AM by tails »

This thread has tickled my interest. I think I will try this out when it goes free.

so i decided to open up this copy of rift and i just remembered how stuffty the patcher was.

*downloads small update*

FIVE MINUTES LATER INSTALLED

*downloads big update*

1 HOUR LATER INSTALLED

hey look my old character is still here may as well play it and wonder the forget im doing

*downloads small update*

FIVE MINUTES LATER INSTALLED

*downloads big update*

1 HOUR LATER INSTALLED
That sounds more like a personal problem. This is what happens when games store files in chunk files, The Secret World is awful for it, it's gotta extract a 1gb+ file then add the new files in and re compress it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:05:52 PM by tails »

That sounds more like a personal problem. This is what happens when games store files in chunk files, The Secret World is awful for it, it's gotta extract a 1gb+ file then add the new files in and re compress it.
why do you even have to do that stuff

Bumping topic:  Is the free-to-play thing having to do with Trion firing a whole mess of people?

No, They didn't fire any of the Rift staff.

If I buy it will you play it with me?

I might try it...

Only because I'm a nice guy.

Also, what are the restrictions to being F2P?

everyone was so excited when this game came out. i tried it and it felt like any other lame mmo ive ever played.

everyone was so excited when this game came out. i tried it and it felt like any other lame mmo ive ever played.
But with better graphics!

Also, what are the restrictions to being F2P?
3 Bag and 2 character slots.