Author Topic: Blockland: Source  (Read 58595 times)

Is the Source in a name even trademarked?

Either way, I bet getting a SDK license allows use of it, since it then acts as advertising for the engine.

you can't name a mod with the source name because valve doesn't want it.
OLOLOLOLOLOL
http://goldeneyesource.com/

Everyone shut up and die.

Apparently you missed the trademark right on the source logo.

Also:
In administrative news, Black Mesa: Source will here-forth officially be known as simply 'Black Mesa'. Following our obligations for looking after Valve Software’s intellectual property & trademarks, they kindly asked if we could remove their tagline 'Source' from our in-development name. This is only a minor technicality and will not be affecting the course of development nor should anyone believe otherwise. Our website will still be at http://www.blackmesasource.com as it reflects the project and the engine in which it is built upon.

http://news.moddb.com/15266/unforseen-consequences/

That, and they're selling it. It's not a free-to-download mod like those.
Btw, I'd like to congratulate Rkynick and Tapemaster for making my list of Blocklanders with awesome debate skills, previously populated only by Reactor Worker and Wedge.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 10:55:25 PM by frodo091 »

That, and they're selling it. It's not a free-to-download mod like those.
Btw, I'd like to congratulate Rkynick and Tapemaster for making my list of Blocklanders with awesome debate skills, previously populated only by Reactor Worker and Wedge.
Tape didn't really post much that really shows us how well he can debate, but whatever.

I can imagine that this thread is one big "lol-fest" for Badspot.

There is no need for legal action considering that the project will never be completed.

* ladios sticks head out of fox hole
is it over yet?

* ladios sticks head out of fox hole
is it over yet?
*tackles ladios and hides with him* no its horror out there

Quote from: Blockland:Source Site
© 2007 Blockland: Source
All Rights Reserved.
A Vyper Media Corporate Company.

Wait a minute, what about "Ion Studios"?

LMAO, they are breaking there own copyrights too!

They probably don't have a copyright, they're just putting it there to look 'ard.

Ok, I'm sick of you guys. You think you know everythink about a subject you have no clue about. You people want to kill my game? Come find a REAL reason to get us sued. You have not named any so far. Since this topic is pure insults to BL:S, it will be ignored. Goodbye, and have a nice day shouting to air.

BTW, This deserves to be locked and deleted, either one. Badspot has looked at this, and I see no slanderous comments from him.

Ok, I'm sick of you guys. You think you know everythink about a subject you have no clue about. You people want to kill my game? Come find a REAL reason to get us sued. You have not named any so far. Since this topic is pure insults to BL:S, it will be ignored. Goodbye, and have a nice day shouting to air.

BTW, This deserves to be locked and deleted, either one. Badspot has looked at this, and I see no slanderous comments from him.
ok....noone said anything so you DEFIDENTLY wanted to start trouble (drama-queen) and, Weve named MANY reasons but you know their true so you ignore them

SLANDER!!! SLANDER!!! TO ALL OF YOU THAT ARE FALSIFYING TEXT!

also i am a stupid handicap and. everybody, come look at me, i (vyper) am a handicap

Why would you say such a thing?

For me it's not about the game being illegal or anything, it's about how unrealistic the concept is, and quite simply put, it's about how much it will suck. You gathered a team of 10 year olds, congrats, that will not get you anywhere, and will only start a bitch fest.